Saying Hello to everyone

Just wanted to introduce myself.
I am Holly, just started trading at home as it fits in around my kids being at school.
I wanted to join the forum to chat to others, learn and maybe even make some friends.

1 Like

Hi Holly, welcome to the site! Go through the School of Pips starting out to learn the basics

1 Like

Welcome and glad you did, we need contributors to keep us sharp!

1 Like

Thanks very much i will take a look.

1 Like

Thankyou, pleased to be here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @hollyholly141! :blush: Welcome to this community!! :smiley: I’m sure that we can learn so much together and I hope that we could all be friends! Haha. :sunny:

1 Like

hi i just signed in today. i feel out of place in social media specially on facebook non of my friends are even interested to ask about forex but
they talk about wanting to invest in stockmarket but never even try to be atleast financially literate. here in our country i feel sorry that many of the people are more interested in pyramiding and more like that. when i try to mention them about forex theyre reactions were obviously not interested. i wanted to be an advocate of financial literacy in the hope of atleast helping others to really realise that there so many opportunities they can try but just need more knowledge about it. Ive been trading demo and live account already but with where i am now i suddenly loose interest because the people around me has a different interest and i feel really out of place. fortunately i found this site advertised on my facebook wall… then im here now. i hope i fit it here.

1 Like

Welcom ski…, your not out of place one iota! BP is very glad to have you.
Put on The School of Pipsology and see how it fits!

1 Like

Hey @ria_rose, new to this, nice to meet you any tips for a newbie? :slight_smile:

Couldn’t relate to this more to be honest!! Non of my friends have a clue what Forex even is!

Hello Holly; welcome from me! As you see, active members already suggested you to start with BabyPips School; just go for it & start your learning process on the right trend.

Till now BabyPips is the best place to learn Forex; so you are on the right trend.

1 Like

Thankyou! Am currently working my way through baby pips school… So far so good :slight_smile:

Yea, I’ve been at it for over a year now and things can get lonely sometimes. I don’t know a lot of people in my area that trade, or that are even interested in it. It’s nice that I have a mentor and a group of other traders online that I talk to daily about trading, because that helps keep me motivated! None of them live in my state, but there’s always chatting and skype lol

How long have you been in the markets, and how much practice time have you gotten? Where do you trade?

Welcome Holly, lets learn together, its tough but seasoned guys make good money, again you have the opportunity to trade without having to sneak like i do, since i work full time job and following up with market dynamics is harder for you its less hard :slight_smile: :grin:

1 Like

Like others said, start with Babypips 101, pdf book and practice, practice, practice practice on demo account(not using real money but virtual) before going on live account till you gain confidence that you can make some positive progress

1 Like

First of all welcome on board, we learn together and encourage each other. Secondly, not only in Forex but other spears of life, NEVER look up to people for approval if you have a conviction in your heart to follow a certain career, idea or even lifestyle! They will always try to pull you down so that you dont progress and leave them desolate.

2 Likes

thank you for this :heart:

Great; happy reading. You’ll get basic instructions here for sure.