Scalping/daytrading and how to avoid slippage and bad market condictions with news?

Can someone please explain to me how to use news when scalping or even day trading? In the education section they say that major news event can cause slippage and that it can be dangerous. So my question is which news should I avoid and how long should i wait to enter the market after the news release?

In these days we have news calendars, which show currencies impacted and even the level of impact, so it is quite easy to see what can hit you on given day. Some brokers even show upcoming news on the chart :slight_smile:

News also does not mean, that market will move - some news are just ignored. My observation/opinion is that after 30 minutes after news markets tend to get back to normal flow. There may be volatility, but you should not see drastic spikes and crazy slippage.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I know about the news calendar but i get confused when i see high/medium impact news and i get scared should i enter the market or not. Should I just avoid every single high impact/medium impact news event and only enter 30 minutes after? And how do scalpers usualy use news calendar with their trading?

I’m experimenting with scalping recently and just stay away from the news. I don’t have time during the day to really prepare what news are coming up, what is market expectation, browse macroeconomic news/analysis. If I see news with moderate to high impact I just stay away from currencies impacted.

Other potential strategy is to try to catch the news momentum, either by anticipating the direction or setting a straddle, but I don’t have any experience in this field :slight_smile:

1 Like