Scalping Down Jones Journal (US 30 )

Very dangerous if you dont have the trading bank for it. If it retraces slightly from your position it can knock you out and still go the way you planned

Your right I had been holding on to long position for over a week. US30 Index usually turns around but the forecast is Short the rest of year. I bought to high and had to close positions. I will be only taking short positions rest of year and following it down. Making some nice $$$$$ on NAS100.

You have to keep your leverage VERY LOW and DO NOT hang on too TRADES especially if your trading with NO STOP LOSS like myself.

tabiuslee

Update: So US30 turned around and made a all time high again. I just should of held out a week more. i started shorting and my account started going south so I took a break. I did a withdrawal to pay a Bill and found a new Support and Resistance Zone for US30.

Need to keep my leverage low, keep compounding and start making a habit paying myself a little bit to keep me motivated and a reward system.

tabiuslee

What is the thought behind the no stop loss?

I trade within the Support and Resistance Zones. I sometimes use a stop loss above and below these area’s when I am trading higher time frames and holding on too trades longer. It’s when you get impatient …you loose… :disappointed: When I am scalping I do not have time to set Stop losses. I am in and out of trade too fast too set stop loss. This is usually News, NFP, or when London open or NY open.

tabiuslee

Off the top of your head, have you had big losers because you didn’t set the SL. And how did you feel after about it?

Yes I am not discipline enough with not setting no stop losses. I am go to wait awhile until US30 hits another Daily Low before trading it again. I am going to start trading the others pairs. The Indexes are acting to crazy for my kind of trading.

tabiuslee

2 Likes

I have been able to get a handle on the US30 again. Had to let the trades come to me and be patient which is hard as a Scalper. I spent the time reviewing my journal and found that the best time for me to trade is 16:30 ( 9:30 EST ) my time.

I do better on short trades 3 to 7 minutes average and my best trades are 1 min or less. For my MENTAL MINDSET compounding is better for me just get in and get out and be DONE for the DAY!!!

This trade was 3 Minutes total time in and out this morning IMG_7711

I had two demo’s going . One I opened Long and another Short. I have been following as mentioned a few times a Strategy I found by Jeremy Cash " US30 Secrets $8,202 Day Forex YouTube along with a few other confirmations I use.

tabiuslee

1 Like

WELL … After another huge run of successful trades trading No Stop Losses I basically**( almost** blew my account. :roll_eyes: My favorite trading Book is " Trading in the Zone" by Mark Douglas. I found over 30 Hours of YouTube Videos by Mark Douglas where he is doing coaching, seminars, conferences workshops, interviews, ect…

It has totally given me different outlook on Forex trading where I now have no problem using Stop Losses which was my biggest problem.

tabiuslee

1 Like

Just wanted to say I’m a huge fan of how you trade. You approach to self improvement, how much effort you put into demoing and how you just lay the results out are fantastic. Already following your more recent journal too :slight_smile:

Thank You for the encouraging post. I feel not enough test demo’s while trading live accounts. Lately I have been looking at Yahoo Finance and seeing where Down Jones and NAS100 is in the market . If it’s Down I go short and if Up I long. This is after 10:00 am . Been trying to set a trailing Stop Loss to gain more Profit.

I have been trying to take a Withdrawal the first of every week so I am paying myself at least something while still compounding my account.

As always be patient, watch your lot size , keep a journal……small daily success :sunglasses:

tabiuslee

2 Likes

Hi tabiuslee, I just started trading US30 recently. I found it fascinating and I am using a similar methodology as you’ve described in the earlier posts. Only trade at high volume periods on 1~5 min chart, in and out. I agree patience is the most important think in this line of business and I believe in compounding. Keep the good work!

1 Like

Its been a a while since I posted. I have found that keep going back to the basics of my strategy is what works.

Only trade 9:30 EST or 16:30 am London/NY
Wait for the Jump and trade Engulfing Candle Above or Below 200 MA
Have Your Daily PIP/$ Goal and GET OUT of the Market ( less than 30 min a Day)

I have Screenshot on My Phone ( Goal for Day) and Screen Shot of Market Movement for the Day … Now Everyday,

• the more you try to make money the harder it becomes
  • the longer you stay in the more you risk

tabiuslee

1 Like

Hi Tabiuslee,
Do you still scalp US30?
Have any change in your strategy?

December Results so far average per day 19% Win Rate 92% on Forex US30 and NAS100 ( USChina Index for most brokers). I don’t do signals. Just trade between 9:30 am and 10

I do. I trade US30 and NAS100( USChinaIndex)

Just trade 9:30 am to 10:30 am In and out of market . Once the 5 min Chart is above or the 200 MA trade around 3 candle I start trading and set S/L under/above the 200 MA. You can always do a demo either on both pairs to find direction of market for the day before going Live on your own account,

tabiuslee

1 Like

Thank you for sharing yout journal with us, so every day (Mon-Fri) at 8:30 am EST the market should open with big engulfing candles? or do you just wait for them? if so, how do you know they will be engulfing candles.

That should be 9:30 am M-Fri EST US30 or NAS100 (chinaindex) .

As far as how do you know if its going to engulf they usually do. Look at past history
Just keep to this strategy Be patient and Demo first !!! US30 Secrets $8,202 Day | Forex 2021 | Trading US30 For Beginners | JEREMY CASH - YouTube

tabiuslee

Thanks! Any other strategies you recommend for US30? The simpler the better

What does this mean? Any particular habits you think are counterproductive?

Also, why only trade microlots? If you’re getting a steady 3%, why not increase margin and lot size?