Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

@callin

Welcome Callin.

Wow!

Good work. I’m very glad to hear it is working well for you. I think its fun not losing trades. We are going from gamblers to trade managers. Which is something vital to our success.

Nice to have you in our little group as we ride along toward bigger and better profits.

1 Like

@AmericanTrader
Sure, it’s very fun, I have never earned consistent profits in trading. But for now it’s true we are graduating to trade managers, which is very nice. We will ride together into bigger profits, thank you a lot!!!

2 Likes

USD CHF has offered a nice buy opportunity on one minute timeframe. $500 to above $1300 in two days will small loses of less than $20 in few trades

. KOF Strategy is really working!!!

1 Like

A small account of $500 to more than $1300 in two days. That’s unimaginable. Thank you @AmericanTrader. Now graduating to trade manager, trading is fun!!!

1 Like

Yeah, I agree with you on this: trading is actually fun, but it also has a bitter side to it. The best is to understand and know what you are doing

In less than a minute another buying opportunity, trading is fun. From $500 to over $1500 now in two days.

2 Likes

@callin
Outstanding!

Getting back to the 200 ema is always the best!

1 Like

Is everybody recently trading the KOF strat or are there any OG channel strat traders around?

@samewise

I do still check the channel sometimes to look for signals. I use the channel and don’t sweat it if price goes against me. I just counter trade until price does go the right direction. Doesn’t always work, but increases win rate on channel.

Well it’s good to have options for sure. And trade what works right?

1 Like

Been reading some more on KOF and it looks like it’s just EMA based, or that’s what I gather from the YT video.

@samewise

Yes. Ema based., and a lot of fun.

I’m going through the videos, let’s see I can learn anything. ha!

Is KOF suited for ranging or trending markets? Couldn’t get stuck in a strong trend going against you all the way back to when price hits whatever EMA you picked as your exit?

@samewise

It is best for high volume periods, both trending and ranging.

As for getting stuck. I would say, yes. You can get stuck in a strong trend going against you. The key is to know what to do when you are stuck in that situation. This is probably what separates Forex winners from Forex losers.

There is ALWAYS a pullback because buyers will always eventually close their orders and the sellers will then be in charge. They will probably do it when a resistance level is reached. Of course, the same is true when the sellers close their orders.

Position your trades so that a pullback will save you and either make you a winner, or recover most of what you would have lost.

One other undeniable truth - price will ALWAYS return to any ema. We just don’t know how long it will take.

Okay, lots in there. I think I’ll need to get back on a demo and try this out first.

@samewise

Give it a try Samewise. Learning to manage trades helps no matter what strategy you use. I stopped keeping track of the number of consecutive winning trades i’ve had using Kof because it has to be around 150 by now. I’m using very small trade sizes as I am also practicing it.

There are a few traders here that are doing extremely well here and can better answer your questions, but I feel an obligation to at least try to as well.

Good to talk to you, as always.

2 Likes

Thanks for the motivation. Another gem from your thread!

My current TP on this Eurusd trade is my first entry point. Following the retail TA method, you would be hoping for price to get back to your entry so you could close at BE or you would have already taken a SL because you would enter full position size.

Following the Cost averaging method. I’m still not at my full position size and my entry point still gives me a 50 pip profit.

The price may still keep moving down, allowing me to manage the trade further and eventually earning bigger profits when it does goes back to 50/100 ema.

Patience is the key especially in my case because I chose to trade on 4h timeframe but profits are almost always guaranteed.

The KOF sounds like he is at a horse race when he’s getting close to his exits :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: