Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

3 more wins!

May is officially now my best month of the year so far.
17 trading days left, excluding Sundays.

Win #4 was a countertrend.

A trader can literally make 20 or 30 or more trades every day and win every one of them.
Some days, may have 1 or 2 losers but that’s part of the game.

The countertrend trade did go to the upper 25ema. I closed early, but the rules would have worked. Would have been another $50 in the bank had I stuck with it.

Countertrend example of what we hope will happen. The entries are placed and we wait for the target TP of the upper blue 25ema.

Where to place trades.
Closing when enough entries are in profit.

This example required 4 entries. 1 at the bottom of down (orange) candles at or below the Cap channel that provides a new low.

What actually happened:

Target TP hit.

Adding small wins since I want to be careful to keep this as my best month this year so far.

I spend a lot of time making strategy examples and answering questions (which I am happy and delighted to do!) that takes time away from me being able to monitor trades and maximize profits.

But I can still add as much money as I want to my account every day. Its all up to me. Its all up to all of us how much we want to make.

By now, there should be traders using these systems to make $500 or $1,000 a day on average.

See any losses?

1 Like

Had we kept the countertrend trade open based on a buy signal forming:

Doubled the profit.

8 more little wins today.
No losses.

1 Like

Hello AmericanTrader, link to download cap channel for mt4?

The colored one

Here you go, Stamp.
CAP Channel Trading.ex4 (76.3 KB)

Your dedication to making this your best month yet is admirable. While helping others may take time away from monitoring trades, your influence can still have a profound impact. With your mindset and guidance, traders using your systems can aim for significant daily profits.

2 Likes

I hope so. Merry.

I like to see and hear about us all having good days trading. Happiness comes from wins and it comes from the friendships built on us all having success.

1 Like

It’s always uplifting to witness everyone enjoying success in their trading endeavors. Indeed, there’s a unique joy in both personal wins and in celebrating the victories of our trading community.

1 Like

I see on your screen shots also the macd indicator can you explain how you use it
Thanks

The MACD is simply a secondary entry signal generator. The settings I use should be visible on my screenshots.

Most often, the signals will essentially match the EMA channel crossover signals.

I find myself jumping from time frame to time frame depending on how much I want to earn. If I am on the M5 I sometimes only earn $10 or something on a signal, so if I want to earn more I can go to the M15, H1.

The MACD signal line can show a trend beginning before the emas cross. So if I see the signal line giving me sufficient data on a longer time frame, I can feel more confident on the shorter time frame entry.

It just takes practice.

To tell you the truth, I still think my counter trend strategy is the best thing I’ve ever done.

1 Like

There’s an example on a daily chart of a much clearer signal from the macd then from the EMA channel cross.

hey @AmericanTrader . sorry for the question, I’m new here and out of a sudden found your strategy. Just wanted to ask if you still use the strategy like you described in the first post here? or there have been some sort of modifications.

I’m asking because at first you said it only works in EURUSD but now I see you trade everywhere else.

Hello Merdad,

The original strategy works, but the exit point was too vague.

After using the system for quite a while now, I like the addition of the Cap Channel and 200ema. TPs are now set for the nearest of these: The 200ema, the Cap Channel midpoint line, or the opposite Cap Channel outer line. Of course, you don’t HAVE to close at any of those, but be ready to.

For months now, I have been using 25 high and low emas for the channel and a 6 or 7 ema for the crossover.

The faster emas do, I think, open the strategy up so that it can be used on most pairs. I’ve spent the last several days working the Eur/Jpy pair.

1 Like

Trading on Fridays:

We can either trade on H1 or higher timeframes and maybe have to leave trades open over the weekend or…

M1 trading using the Countertrend with Channel Crossover.

Here’s what we should have done on the M1

Notice how the M1 doesn’t care about a ranging market all day.

If we got up early enough, this would be HUUUGE winning day.