Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

I agree, it is just too risky for the moment, it can move in any way. Sitting out and not losing money is also some kind of profit.

Absolutely.

Today’s market is why I tried all those strategies to enter sells at the top of the range and buys at the bottom. Which would have gotten me several hundred dollars this morning. But that’s all hindsight now.

One takeaway that may come in handy for ranging: looks like the PSAR settings of 0.015 / 0.07 would have profited for a candle in each direction.

0.078 / 0.07 would be even better

FYI
Red and Blue arrows are the Indo Trend.
Yellow arrows are the PSAR alerts.

Oooor.

Real scalping on 1M using PSAR?

The 1 minute is going well. up three pips in 3 entries. Waiting for more confidence testing so I’m only using 0.05 lots. I still don’t plan on any serious trading today.

It’s a play day.

Update: + 4 more pips.
Update: got lucky. +10 pips.
Update: - 5
Update - got the news spike for a quick 10 more pips. I had a TP set.
That’s enough for now. Don’t think I’d be comfortable doing this yet with significant lot sizes.

1 Like

Hello and Happy New Year!

Your strategy looks fantastic and very profitable, but as a junior trader, I am puzzled how to enter and exit to the right positions. I think I have put the correct settings, if you can see in the photo. Can you please let me know where I should have entered (buy or sell), so I can understand it better?

Thanks a lot, much appreciate it!

George

My opinion:

Your blue EMA is the signal. The first time it rose above the lower green corresponds with the end of the first PSAR dot line. You would have closed the trade between 10 and 11 candles later. Your stop loss would have never been challenged.

Your second entry would be when the blue EMA crosses below the upper green. That trade would still be open (as of the end of your chart screenshot).

**You would have moved your stop loss on the second trade to at least break even at this point.

eventually the nes is done

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the help!

So I have marked the positions suggested for buying and selling, hope these are correct! I think there would be a profit in both cases, though I am not sure if I had opened a buy position later on,at the end of the diagram, how things would look right now :frowning: (it s really going down!!!

@glantos -. I think your second trade should have been about 15 candles after where you marked it. I can see that the place where you marked it was kind of a signal. But you would have been stopped out in 15 minutes with a minor loss. The two wins would have provided much more profit than that tiny loss.

You would have made 56 pips right now on your second trade if it’s still open

I wished I had opened it :slight_smile: Great, now I will wait for the next signal to go into it :slight_smile: Thanks for sharing!

Of course. You are most welcome and we are glad you are here.

any prediction for the day end

up trend or down

Not from me @inno256. I do keep in mind that on the daily chart after many days in a row of rising price it could be cresting right now.

Hi @naresh22. I knew that question would be coming. I am not on telegram. I know that puts me well into the minority. But I also am still working days. In fact I am right now. So I have just enough opportunity to throw in a few posts a day at this point. Maybe someone else in the group will get that up and running.

I do also think there is reason to keep the strategy to the group and to any who find the forum thread and to any of those people’s friends and loved ones they choose to share it with.

I could be wrong about that, and I know that it is impossible to put such limits on it in the long run. So it’s not that I’m all that worried about it. I was just hoping we could have a year or two of great success before taking it beyond the forum.

3 Likes

Had a great week utilizing the strategy. Keeping TP modest and moving SL to break even once in profit has improved win rate and minimized losses. Being cautious in ranging markets and trading with the trend also up wins and drops losses.

@AmericanTrader only question I have at this point is what psar settings are you using and how are you utilizing the indicator? It seems the 2 signals from ema cross are all I’ve needed, but don’t want to miss out.

1 Like

@elitetrades -. I have settings I play around with depending on if I think I’m going to be in trades longer down the road or more like quicker scalping for 15 to 45 minute trades. Just a few posts above in the thread I put the quick scalping settings with a screenshot in

I just took a look on my phone to see how the suggested PSAR settings from a few days back would have worked today and here is the screenshot. These are the PSAR settings. .0085 / 0.07.

Here are the results:

It is perfection again

3 Likes

I would be so rich right now if I would just follow my own rules more often.

3 Likes