Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

Daily is cresting

Iā€™ll wait for clear trend, I have burned myself yesterday.

2 Likes

@glantos

Thanks for taking the time to code this. Unfortunately, I donā€™t know how to code so this looks a lot like modern day Hieroglyphics to me. I would though like to ask you a few questions:

Which charts did you test, just EUR/USD?

You report a profit of $4,000 in December and suggest the other months werenā€™t as profitable, what was the profit over the last twelve months?

What was the longest winning sequence?

What was the longest losing sequence?

What was the largest drawdown?

Which major FX chart performed best according to that criteria over the last twelve months? Which performed worst?

I donā€™t know if this information is easy to glean but if it is, it could be worthwhile investigating.

Great work!

2 Likes

@Vaczak
Maybe wait until there is a signal on 30 minute chart?

1 Like

Could be a solution or I just have to stick to the strategy :smiley: my mistake, I tried my luck, but itā€™s not betting, so it was a rookie moce from my side.

@Vaczak
Iā€™m thinking about using that higher time frame for signals when ranging as a permanent part of what I do.

My rookie mistake was not doing that 2 days ago.

Thatā€™s why I have 2 EUR/USD charts open. 1 at 5M, 1 and 30M

1 Like

@AnitaRob

I use FxPro as my broker.

Euro news released.

Next high impact in 3.5hrs.

1. 08:30

USD

Nonfarm PayrollsView Details

IMPACT ACTUAL FORECAST PREVIOUS
HIGH 220.0k 263.0k
  1. 08:30

USD

Unemployment RateView Details

IMPACT ACTUAL FORECAST PREVIOUS
HIGH 3.7% 3.7%

@AmericanTrader Thank youā€¦

Going to be a biggy.

1 Like

@inno256

Well, yesterday was not easy. I came out ahead but not much profit for me as I stayed out of the market during the nice drop we got from the economic news release. Iā€™m sure some of us made good pips if they stayed in.

I have a modest sell trade going based on 30M charts. If 14 stays below lower green, Iā€™ll stay in. It works or it doesnā€™t. Will tighten SL prior to high impact news in 2 hours and final high impact news in 3.5 hours.

Applying TP of a few pips in case of candle in my favor after news is released.

I will still look to the 30M when looking for any buy signal today.

Thanks for this AT. I have 3 settings on my PSAR for trading view. Start, increment and max value. What settings would you use for each?

Sorry, Iā€™m a newbie to this. Learning!

And how is the PSAR used? Basically the second one prints above then its sell confirmation and vice versa? Do you also use our for stop loss? How?

Thank you.

1 Like

I am currently happy!

@Neddyboy50

On my phone I am at step 0.008/ Maximum at 0.07.

You may want to play around with the settings to your preference.

PSAR stands for ā€œPrice Stop and Reverseā€

If dots are above price, it means price is trending down. When price rises and meets the first of the dots above price, new dots will start to form under price. So you will be looking to see what settings to use that will place that meeting point at a place that accommodates your trading style.

1 Like

SL at just above break even on my sell trade.

Goal is to be at break even before one hour.

10 pips in profit now. If it gets to 20 or better I may close just to book them and call it a day.

1 Like

SL at break even. Sitting at 18 pips

Update: SL moved to lock in profits.

1 Like

Boo. Stopped out with 7 pips profit.

I actually went back and thought, why not just compare the charts! And they were very similar to ATs. So I think in this case it was def more the signal settings, or upper lower boundary settings than the broker. I think ATs timezone is close to mine and with the candlesticks, itā€™s easy to compare the ups and downs of the price.

But I hear you on the broker differences. Itā€™s still amazing to see traders us different brokers but trade the same pair and you see price do the same things at the same time even though itā€™s two different brokers. I always thought, how in the world does that happen, how does price move so similarly across that many brokers. I guess itā€™s all connected and the markets behind the scenes just move that fast!

In TV, I use FXCM data or forex.com.

I see I missed out on 30 pips again while driving to work