Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

@rocktrucker
These are the settings that I have on my phone.

Iā€™m guessing the chart is winding down to a pennant pattern

The hell was that whipsaw about? I didnā€™t see anything on the news

Was wondering the same thing

@AmericanTrader hope the day went well today! The signals seem to be working great, still trying to adjust the entry and exit point. Can I ask how many pips do you usually target per trade?

1 Like

@glantos

I am not targeting any set number of pips myself. I am just looking at support and resistance to eyeball the exits.

Iā€™m still trying to build confidence to utilize the PSAR or Smoothed Heiken Ashi for SLs and exits.

PSAR, Smoothed Heiken Ashi and EMA cross look like they all provide similar entry/exits. (I know. The chart is a mess. Iā€™m experimenting).

1 Like

Here is the trend some members took advantage of on the Eur/Jpy.
15M chart below:

CHF/JPY fun I had today on 1M chart

is there a way I can slightly lower the High 32 EMA? It could have given a very good selling signal as shown below:

@glantos There are a lot of things we CAN do, the question is, what SHOULD we do? I thought about adding settings to widen or narrow the channel. You are suggesting something like ā€œbiasingā€ the channel to one side or the other.

I think the example you give is a form of ā€œoverfittingā€, trying to tweak the indicator to match the data. I donā€™t think this will be fruitful in the long run. Unless you can prove it with lots of back test data! :slight_smile:

/Daryl

1 Like

Scalping is a great strategy to derive quick profit on the market. So, keep refining your strategies with time.

1 Like

Ranging for now.
Maybe some good movement after USD jobless and inflation reports in 2 and a half hours?

@AmericanTrader We wait then.

@Sammy.fx

:crossed_fingers:

Hi @AmericanTrader.

Should we be ignoring these signals marked with the black marker as the yellow line is under the green line on the 1st and then on number 2 the yellow line never touched the lower green line?

Cheers Nathan

@rocktrucker

Edit: There was no good Buy signal at the first green arrow because (as you pointed out) Yellow did not cross above lower Green.

I do consider the Yellow bouncing back down under the lower Green as a good Sell signal I would ignore the second one because Yellow touched upper Green but never crosses over, so it also never crossed under.

Thatā€™s my opinion.

Thanks @AmericanTrader I think I got that.

@rocktrucker

You are very welcome, Nathan.

Wishing you many pips today!

40 pips in 5 seconds. My pending orders were triggered and already hit my take profit.

@AmericanTrader what are you parameters for setting limit buy/sell orders? I have been tempted to set them just above a recent level as a signal is approaching.

@elitetrades itā€™s still a scary crapshoot when it comes to that high impact news. I tried my best to look at the longer term trend for the pair and made my guess that price was going to go up. I set one small buy order just a few pips above the previous high and then another one five pips over that. I took into account I thought we were overdue for price to hit that 1.08 level for the past few days. Bottom line, took a chance and got lucky.

1 Like