Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

Nice work my friend. PSAR saved me from getting chopped this afternoon

1 Like

@jdtradesfx

Yup. Using it makes you nervous and start doubting yourself, doesnā€™t it? I always think about how may trades ended up as losses when not using it though.

Having the discipline to stick to it, I think, is a sign that we have mastered the psychology of trading.
Every day, I look at the charts and at least 9 out of 10 times, it provides a great win.

using an ea? if so maybe my beliefs about eaā€™s are wrong haha

There is a potential short trade opportunity on GBPNZD for 30-100 pips. There was a lot of strength to the upside on this pair and may now be dwindling for a pullback. An EMA Channel signal has not occurred yet on the 1 hour but it may happen later today.

T1 somewhere around 1.965
T2 somewhere around 1.9575

What kinda spread you guys and gals get on GBPNZD?

Iā€™m seeing 5.2 right now, dropped to 3.3 for a second, but sticking around the high 4s and low 5s.

Wouldnt the spread vary depending on what time of day it is? For example when the market opens after the weekend as against when london and NY overlaps?

Yea. I donā€™t trade it a lot so I donā€™t have anything to compare it to. And its crazy expensive and I want to see what others brokers might be offering right now.

1 Like

I am seeing 5.0 ~ 5.5

1 Like

Anything that isnā€™t a U.S. based major is going to be crazy until a larger market opens. Spreads weaken based on volume.

Just my viewpoint. Oanda (Regulated) is my broker so I pay larger spreads than say Hankotrade.

Iā€™m seeing 6+

1 Like

Makes sense, thanks!

1 Like

That said, on a larger timeframe trade, it would be way less consequential than something like <15m

1 Like

if you place more trades or having larger balances Oanda drops the spread I think?

I get usually 3-4 with GBPNZD and yes I am trading 1 hour for this guy. Donā€™t scalp it the spread is too high :stuck_out_tongue:

I have been eyeing this GBPNZD trade since Monday waiting for the setupā€¦ It has been 38 bars (38 hours) and now it looks like its going give a signal in a couple hours but I will be going to sleep. Alligator has given the short signal 3 hours ago but EMA Channel has not yet.

**The one takeaway from this thread is that on a 1 min chart 38 bars is only 38 minutes. 1 min chart is king to me after this thread. I figured I would do a couple higher time frame trades because I saw the setups but realizing that I have to wait 38 hours to take a trade only to have to possibly wait even more hours to see it hit the target or stop out is brutal.

Edit 1: got the EMA Channel Short Signal on the 1Hr Chart

Entry: 1.9721
TP1: 1.965
TP2: 1.958
SL: 1.983

1 Like

0700 GMT seems to be point where all of the currencies make their initial start of either their leap up or down, can anyone concur with this?

If we can establish this, then all we would have to do is scan all the currencies and find them the ones to ride?

London opens then right? Or is it 8?

There are strategies that work off of the breakout of the Asia session range at London open. Never really looked into them much because ā€œIā€™ll never be awake for London openā€ hahaha thank you stress. :rofl:

Since today is PSAR day, I can report very good success with multiple 5M charts.

Place pending buy order at upper PSAR change point.

Place pending sell order at lower PSAR change point.

Once a trade is triggered. Put SL near opposite PSAR change point.

Do this on multiple pairs.

Adjust pending order positions as PSAR moves.

Step 2: Count your cash.

1 Like

Basically octopus, right? With different psar settingsā€¦Or am I reading it wrong? Youā€™re just not waiting for the candle close if the order gets filled.

Also folks, Lagarde is speaking in a few minutes if she isnā€™t already. Be careful on your EUR pairs

@jd

Just PSAR at the 0.009 - 0.07.
Nothing more.

My thinking was: How can I simulate the London Open strategy and guarantee I will not miss out on trends.

I started with the 1M charts this morning and that generated 2 losses and 2 wins. Then I went to the 5M (for the larger SLs. 5 wins / no losses. All the losing trades on 1 M would have been winners on the 5M.

Once the trend starts, your profit rockets up.

Because I am in testing. I closed everything as I donā€™t need to have trades open to see what they would have done deep into the NY session.