Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

And then you can take a vacation!

1 Like

@samewise

There were a lot of pairs that were great for profits today.
I closed this buy one I had running overnight waaaaaaaay too early (again, because I was close to my goal). If I left it open, Iā€™d be well on my way to next monthā€™s goal.

Yea I was up almost 100 pips on USDJPY yesterday and early today and then got cocky. Shoulda closed the trade right then in there. It came back to bite me and then I revenge-traded to get back the lost pips. That didnā€™t go well.

Not too happy with myself.

@samewise
I cannot cast the first stone.
Weā€™ve all been thereā€¦and weā€™ll all do it again. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Little loss.

Little loss.

Big win.

This pattern seems to repeat itself most mornings, doesnā€™t it?

Add 10 for the sell

Now waiting for next PSAR change to the upside.

Still trading? Arenā€™t you normally away around this time?

@samewise
I am. Iā€™m driving right now.
Add another seven pips for one more sell and euro/jpy. Now still waiting for the PSAR change to the upside

Add10 pips for long order on euro/jpy, while driving.

Trying to get another 10 off the bounce.

Add 7 pips. Closed as I have arrived at my next business stop.

Maybe the problem all along has been that we are just too smart to be great traders. Apparently itā€™s this easy

You go to a one minute euro/jpy chart. And wait for the 25 EMA to cross the 150 EMA. You enter a trade and wait for an hour or so. Then you do it again a couple of times and call it a day. Having bagged 60 or 100 pips after taking losses into account.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been demo-ing this strategy for a while now and trying to get it to work, but following it as written has produced very poor results. Currently an 18% win rate with a 1.45 reward-to-risk ratio. Reading through the thread, I see others with excellent results and very few with poor results. I donā€™t know what to think of that. Using the entry rules as prescribed simply chops me up when the market starts ranging. Iā€™m testing this on the EUR/USD 5 min. Any suggestions?

I think ranging markets are tough, especially the tight ones if youā€™re scalping. I get chopped up pretty badly too if I donā€™t recognize it. The strategy in the first post is intended for trends. Unless youā€™re using sub 1m TFs and are super vigilant in moving a stop to BE or taking very small pip wins.

Trending markets work really well. If you miss a signal, wait for a retrace and try to time it as best you can for an entry.

If you havenā€™t, try loading a 50 ema and if sheā€™s flat, stay out until it curls in one direction or another for a bit, then find an entry.

1 Like

@SurprisedMoose
I do think its hard in ranging market times on the 5M. Like most strategies, ranging markets are not ideal.

However, I find going to the 1M chart and using the PSAR settings of 0.0009/0.015 helps quite a bit. Simply enter on PSAR change with SL at PSAR.

Then ranging markets are like striking gold. You will need to adjust your stop loss tolerance substantially though. By placing it at the PSAR, you would be risking 20-40 pips.

I like using it on Eur/Jpy.
Here is a repost of yesterdayā€™s chart where you can see an average dayā€™s price range and how your day would have gone had you entered on the green PSAR changes.

@jdtradesfx
Excellent advice

Repost from March 11

Traders, if you think Eur/Usd has been ranging today and did not have opportunities for good income, look at if from a 1M chart. This is a great example to show ā€œrangingā€ is not your enemy.

1 Like

Do you guys keep trade journals? Iā€™m curious what your win rate and RR ratio is on average. Iā€™m wondering if Iā€™m not cutting it quick enough when it moves against me, or if Iā€™m cutting it too quickly when it moves into profit.

@SurprisedMoose
I used to keep trade journals, but I havenā€™t in quite a while now. I just keep track of balance at the end of the day for my account.

One thing that is clear to me is that Trading is more of an art form than a strategic process. Everyone thinks they are following the same rules and yet some are winners some are losers. So some of us are painters, some of us are sculptors, and some of us are musicians.

I look at the strategy and I see very large wins most days. Even if there were three or four little losses along the way

I have been focusing more on my PSAR with the EMA 25 and 150 crossover on the one minute charts. Once again, there is no exit strategy. If the gap between the 25 and the 150 is widening you stay in the trade. If itā€™s closing you may want to get out and re-enter if the 25 bounces back off of the 150. Personally, I am trying to use the PSAR as my stop loss and to stay in the trade as long as prices above that. My PSAR settings that I have been using are 0.0009/0.015.

I know most of us are experienced traders at this forum and I doubt I am in the top third of them. But this strategy seems to both fit my style and allow me to better trade on my phone when Iā€™m not at home. I have finally eliminated the fear of trading on my phone

Here were todayā€™s opportunities so far on that strategy

2 Likes