Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

after jumping through hoops, i was able to disable javascript. it looks quite different. i guess i can’t have my cake and eat it. thanks anyway.

1 Like

Evening all, I’ve been following this thread for a few days now. I really like the look of the KOF strategy and had some fun with it on demo. Thank you for the informative thread and I’ll try contribute with some charts here and there when I can. Perhaps we could even schedule some live KOF trading together like American Trader suggested.

1 Like

@davosaan
Glad you had some fun with KOF.

I don’t know if the live trading will happen, but keep watching those recorded YouTube live trading videos on King’s channel. Its important to see how he handles it when the market is moving very fast.

When the price is dropping like a rock, if you are prepared, its an opportunity. If you are not prepared, its nerve racking.

Also, stay away from non-major pairs trading after the NY market closes. If you are in something with Aud or Cad or any currency where the volume goes down to about zero, your trade will just sit there in a losing position all night.

That’s not what we want.
We want to find a good setup. Manage it by adding entries over the next 10-25 minutes, and cash in. Most trades will take less than 30 minutes. At some point you will have one that just won’t cooperate and you have to babysit it for an hour and a half. But even those trades CAN make you money.

There is almost no scenario where you cannot win the trade, but we all know that we will lose some.

I’ve noticed that King’s live trading sessions tend to start after 10am EST. So that is after the usual morning USD major impact news. Personally, I have been trading all morning and taking advantage of the news generated price movement.

and yes, Its a LOT of fun. Its win after win after win after win. If your win is small, don’t worry about it. There will be another setup shortly. Take the win. Don’t sweat missing out on additional profit. That will come when you use larger lot sizes.

Sorry for the long post. I just want anyone who plans to use the strategy to be aware of how to avoid bad trades. I hope we will all have fun by winning every day.

2 Likes

Just click the search mag glass up by your avatar, top right, add your search term and check the box for Search this topic. Easy!

Good morning @AmericanTrader .
I noticed here, you have a 25 and 150 ema and the king strategy uses 9 20 50 and 200 emas. Wanted to know if this is a variation of kof. If not, then which one is this

@Art_prentice
Hi Art.

It is not a variation.
I am using the same chart to do King trading and PSAR EMA Cross trading.

So I have all the indicators for both on every chart.

Wow, yeah , your chart isn’t confusing at all. Tho I know it takes experience you use multiple strategies on the same chart. For the psar crossover is it the same with the squid or was it’s octopus nest strategy

@Art_prentice
It’s true that by adding the 100 EMA I could do all three strategies on the one chart. You will notice that my 25 and 150 EMA are simply thin Gray lines. I use an indicator that makes both of those. It is called the MTF EMA crossover for mt4. It also provides the buy or sell arrows along with it just saying buy or sell next to the arrows

Thank you, the tips are much appreciated. I will certainly continue to watch his videos. I’ve also found the forex factory thread very useful. I noticed that one of the users in that thread incorporates an RSI indicator. Do you use any other indicators to help you judge when to buy/sell or assess the trend? I noticed the PSAR on your charts but if I am not mistaken that is for a different strategy.

I was just thinking of incorporating the RSI into the channel strategy cuz it kinda gives early reversal signal. The problem is I have no idea how to tweak the settings for smaller time-frames.

@davosaan

Good morning.

I have seen that on the forex factory thread they add other indicators, and I’m sure it all depends on your trading style and psychology… for me, there is no reason to have the RSI or any other indicators.

I am using their volume indicator, however, that also shows number of buyers versus sellers. When the number leans towards sellers I wait until it gets close to zero/zero before entering a long order. Then I keep doing that if it leans strong to the sellers again for a while… when price has returned to the nine EMA and I consider closing all open trades, I checked to see if there is still more buyers than sellers. In which case I may keep the trade open until it gets back to the 20 or even the 50 ema.

2 Likes

Good morning.

Any chance you could post the volume indicator which shows the number of buyers versus sellers?

@davosaan
I’m doing some work this morning so I will try and remember to do that later today.

No worries, I was able to find it in the thread. Thanks anyway.

1 Like

Link me to it pls @dovosaan

TicksSeparateVolumeDif.ex4 (14.4 KB)

A comment on a 7hr king video from Joe Q:

Joe Q.

Member (1 month)

​I’ve never seen anyone trade like this, for this long, and always win. I now believe it’s possible to always win because I see you do it. Watching you trade has helped me develop an winning mindset.

TicksSeparateVolume.ex4 (14.6 KB)

Here is the Volume window that looks like mine.

All King indicators and templates from Forex Factory forum

I suggest thanking cpfleger, who created them over at Forex Factory.

1 Like

Growing a small account

About $70 in 20 minutes using primarily 0.01 lot sizes with a couple of 0.1 lot sizes too.