Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

Brilliant. I’ll give this a go given peoples success with it. I have looked into trading many times and probably wasted a lot of time trying different strategies without giving them time. I think given there is such as active forum and assistance I’ll see how this goes! Thanks AT

@TWILS0
Best wishes for successful trading!

1 Like

So awesome. Nice work!

@samewise

Thanks Samey.

Got a long couple of workdays coming up, otherwise I’d be trying to do that every day. That’s 35 winners in a row now. I’ll still get 4 or 5 tomorrow.

How’s your day going?

+60 and -30, so overall still up. Couple of tight SLs did me in.

1 Like

@AmericanTrader Now that you’ve been doing KoF for a little while, how has it affected your gains compared to your trend following strategies?

@SurprisedMoose

I have to think of it as pips won and not money won for now. I am using smaller lot sizes for the next month or two until I think I’m ready to go for bigger profit. I’m up 1.5% over the last 6 trading days.

My largest lot size entry today was 0.25 and that was on only 1 trade. I think I will stick to 0.05 as a standard because that could mean a half lot if I have a trade drag out for a while.
How about you? Are you live trading?

Btw: Still no losing trades and still having a very enjoyable time trading this way.

Edit2: # of pips won daily looks like it will be better using KOF. On average (so far) I think I can get close to 100/day. When you factor in that losses are rare, it is much better.

My plan is to start live trading next week. I started demoing KoF seven days ago. I’ve grown the demo account 14% in that time. It started with $10,000, and the minimum trade size with my broker is a mini-lot (10,000 units of currency). Monday, I’m going to slowly scale in live capital. The wins are smaller, but they add up faster without loses.

@SurprisedMoose

Sounds like you are going to do very well.

14% gain is fantastic!

Most trades have ended with half of my buying power still available. I got caught in one yesterday that kept me occupied for 5 hours. I closed it at a loss because I didn’t have time to watch it anymore. If I had stuck with it, it would have ended in profit too.

@SurprisedMoose

I watched the King video where he had one go for about 7 hours. The weird part is that there were at least 3 times he could have closed in profit, but he kept waiting until it came close to his ‘target’. That was some impressive patience.

1 Like

Man that’s great daily grab of pips!

@samewise

Anyone can do it.
If I can do it, I know you can do it.

I am not yet efficient at it and i still close way too early all the time. If I was good at it, the sky is the limit.

1 Like

I need to check out the KOF you guys are talking about. Haven’t had a chance to this week.

Watched a bit of KOF last night. His strategy is crazy. I don’t understand yet how he controls losses/drawdown. For example GJ has just broke out on the upside massively, with KOF I’m assuming he would have some sell entries anticipating price moving back to the averages, but it shot to the moon. So what’s his stops at? To cover this scenario

Did anyone just catch a signal on EUR/GBP?

1 Like

@Blackie1980

That would have been a great sell opportunity.

The arrow shows entry.
When price returned to the yellow 9 ema, close in profit.

He does not use a SL. But you certainly can if you want to.

@TWILS0

Nice catch!

3-0

Euro news in 45 minutes may give us some price movement and a good opportunity.

3-0, amazing.

Would you mind sharing you entries and exits?