Scalping using heikin ashi, ema21 with ichimoku

Dear bro n sis. Just to share my trading strategy using the heikin ashi, ichimoku and ema21 combine with awesome oscillator and adx. It may look complicated, but who cares… As long as it works… Haha. I’m using 10m for my Scalping when price is over the ichimoku cloud, and kijun-Sen line is curve up and also over ema21. Means it strong up trend. And also AO give green signal n adx is going up. Place the trade on the candle. Remember 1 thing. Even if the price over the ema21 but the heikin candle have tail below. Don’t trade… Only trade when there is totally no trail. The main sign I see is the ema21. That the most important. Hope this trading strategy help.

Hey Alan… I use a system very similar to your HKA EMA as above. I only trade Gold against the USD & EUR.

I have the HKA set to 3 periods (sharper), use a 50 EMA for market direction and only trade in the direction of the EMA. I also use a PSAR (Like) Indicator (Min AF 0.015 - 0.018) to confirm trade entry and exit points. I have coded my own indicator which is based on the PSAR and displays direction change earlier than the standard PSAR. Simple rules apply, trade entry on the first PSAR dot and exit on the first red/green candle… (629 pips 6-3-2017 US Session - early AM in Oz…)

Most of the time the XAUUSD/EUR respect the 50 EMA on the 5m and 1h Charts so it ensures confidence in trade direction.

The Ichimoku Cloud Indicator contains some great information, especially the Chikou Span which I use occasionally to set support and resistance zones, but I struggle to get my head around the whole indicator.

I only use a “disaster stop” or set hedges these days and it has improved profitability dramatically.

1 Like

Sweet!!! I love your psar setting, but sad my can’t set to the same setting as your. My orginal setting the most I set is to 0.03;0.2…will try this out see how it goes. Lol ya agreed the ichimoku is v complicated. When I start to learn it I nearly going to throw my computer out of the window, wahaha . But once get to know it or v easy. The tenkan-sen line is also one of the v gd line in ichimoku. It super sensitive to price action. If price is above or below the tenkan-sen I prepare to place order. Once it above our below the the ema21 I place order on the candle. As for the ema50 that a gd one. Haha I just add to my chart see how is it. Hehe I’m v caution person. The more conformation the better. Haha. Thanks buddy. Hope others retail trader here will see the helpful strategie u post.

[ATTA

CH=CONFIG]95829[/ATTACH]
Gosh just tested on my eur/usd 10m chart. I’m surprised it works… Lol thanks buddy

Most of the times I will also start to trade when euro market start to open. Cos during that time all trader will start to get into the market so will affect the price to go up. From there I will take a few pips. Same goes to when London market kickoff. And US markets.

The [I]Tenkan Sen[/I] and [I]Kijun Sen[/I] lines are both what we’d call “Donchian channel midlines” in Western nomenclature.

Much depends on the suitability of their settings to the instrument and time-frame concerned. The key concept is probably to appreciate that the original settings for [I]Ichimoku[/I] were based on and constructed around [U]stock[/U] trading from [U]daily[/U] charts when there were [B]6[/B] trading days per week, and unsurprisingly enough those original settings aren’t really ideal for either forex or commodities trading at all (on any time-frame).

These threads may possibly interest you …
[B]301 Moved Permanently
301 Moved Permanently
301 Moved Permanently
301 Moved Permanently

(Edited to add: by the way, thanks for starting [I]this[/I] thread, which I’m watching with interest. :cool: )

Sweet!!! Love the post about your friend using 2 ichimoku. My Backside itch… Haha I change my ichimoku setting as the same as your friend. I want to see how it goes.Hehe .I read alot about ichimoku and there many ways to trade using it. For my trading it not my main indicator. I only depend on the kumo so see it a up trend or down trend. Plus use kijun-Sen as a guide line. For the tenkan cross kijun I did always observe but the cross seem always lag… Where when just using tenkan alone it much accurate in lower time frame. Idk how come like that maybe like what u say it don’t work well on lower time frame? My main was ema21 and awesome oscillator. Maybe I’m too cautious lol. So far for the orginal kumo seem ok. But your friend ichimoku seer look great!!! I backtest the chart with your friend setting look better than the orginal setting. But back test n real time trading there abit different. Will let it run for awhile see how is it… Oh gosh… Ichimoku is start to killing me softly… More n more love it…

This ichimoku was the setting is same as your friend. Look gd. Have more curve than a race track… Haha need to monitor and real test than know it really work on lower time frame.

Well, she has a specific reason for those settings, and is trying (with [I][U]constant-volume[/U][/I] bars, which I also use) to identify dips in uptrends and rallies in downtrends (highly tradable, of course, but as part of the complete system - [I][U]not in isolation[/U][/I]). It’s part of a broader method, and isn’t (I think) going to work on its own - or at least, I should say, I know of no reason why it would.

My own knowledge and experience of her method have increased considerably since I made that post. It can very beneficially be combined with a very long, very slow MACD indicator used as a “directional bias indicator”, seeking to identify potential long positions only when the MACD-line is above both its signal-line and its midline, and short positions only when it’s below both. This is what we’re both researching, with it, at the moment, and it does look interesting. I haven’t tried it with any of the other indicators you’re using.

(“AO” is essentially just a 5/34 moving average crossover displayed graphically under the chart instead of as lines on it.)

Yes, certainly. The [I]Tenkan/Kijun[/I] cross is only a form of moving average crossover but using Donchian channel midlines as the averages: it certainly isn’t [I][U]in itself[/U][/I] a basis for entering trades.

Well, for what it’s worth, she makes a living and is an ex-instutional trader. But whether this will work with what you’re doing and on your time-frame and with timed bars, I have no idea. This is all untested.

Any bro n sis that kn about ichimoku can contribute here, maybe we can fine tune it n make it workable for everyone else in here. :wink: it benefit everyone

Ya will need to real time test than will know the results.

The intention is laudable, of course, but the reality tends to be rather different: in my experience, most of the people posting about Ichimoku in forums have learned what they “know” about it from other forums and other online sources, and for all the reasons explained in the threads I linked to on the previous page, that all tends to be based on misinformation rather than on information, as far as I can see.

Truly, online, on the subject of Ichimoku - [I]more, perhaps, than with any other aspect of trading[/I] - the blind are leading the partially sighted.

Ya. Need to real time test than kn the results. As for the AO I find one of my trader friend doing this. After he draw the line he will buy or sell depend on the indicator. I find that… Erm… Maybe he hv his reason. I nv ask. But seem it work… Lol

Sorry don’t hv rule so use freehand draw

Wahaha ������agreed.

Thanks Lexys for sharing your friend ichimoku setting I been monitoring it n get it on real time. For a 10pips during London kickoff… Cool Hehe

Lexys… I really don’t know how to show u my appreciation n thank u for sharing the ichimoku setting… I try again on US open and here it goes!!! 10pips into pocket again!!! Lol when have chance u come singapore for tour I b the host, haha :59:

hi , can i know more about your setting? because im not clear about it

Looking at your friends strategy it definitely works. I can see the patterns hindsight but how do you determine when it’s chabging direction