School of pipsology

Hi,

I can’t save my progress when im using the school of pipsology in spanish , but i change it to english im able to save my progress. Its just a minor problem , but if it can be fixed it would be great.

Thanks

Hello mariogvv,

Thanks for the feedback. We’ll look into this. Thanks!

__
Pipstradamus

I also had that same problem when I started but now I didn’t check it for quite long. Hope it is solved.

Part of my post is actually only somewhat related to the OP’s question, and the second part not at all, but they both apply to the school of pipsology section.

First part, after I log in to the site, and it shows my user name up on the top line, if I click the tab for the school, when the school page first loads, the screen goes to what appears to be the “sign in” option where my user name is, and then once it settles down, it goes back to my username. It works, but it doing that is sort of disconcerting. The first few times I saw it, I thought the system had kicked me out, and I tried to log back in again.

Second, and I looked around but didn’t find this mentioned anywhere. When going through the lessons, at the bottom near where you check off if you did a section, if it applies, the link to go take the quiz appears. That link works fine, but after taking the quiz, there is (or if there is I am missing it) no return link to take you back to the page you went to the quiz on, short of clicking the browser’s back button a few times. It isn’t a really big deal, but more of a minor thing that I think would really help people stay on track if they are able to work through more than a few sections at a time.

Hello JD4,

Thanks for the feedback. The username issue you’re describing is more a performance issue than anything else. We use two different platforms to run most of our website, one for the forums and a completely different one for everything else. Often, when these two platforms “talk” or share information, such as usernames, there can be a small delay in delivering and then displaying that information. That’s why you see the “Sign In” link appear for a short time. We’re working hard to make that less noticeable and hopefully completely indiscernible going forward.

Regarding the quizzes, yes, that process flow could be better. We’re dealing with two forms of content, one, the School, and two, the quizzes. Would it help if we opened the quizzes in a new tab or window? Or would the best solution be a link back to your last School lesson from within the quiz?

Thanks again for your feedback. I hope to hear back from you.

Thanks!

__
Pipstradamus

I think that any of the listed solutions would be an acceptable alternative. The new window (like when reading some website’s agreement page or info pop-up) idea might work, but for some people, me included, that could be an annoyance, because I generally have pop-up windows blocked. 99% of the time they are for ads that I really have no interest in seeing. For some people, this might actually be their preferred solution to something that they might not even see as an issue.

I think a link back might end up being, for my thought anyway, the best solution. Obviously, it ultimately depends on what your system is capable of, and how much effort it would take to make changes. And, if you are going strictly on what the users are asking for, if my thought is in the minority on this, then whatever would make more users happy should probably be the way to go.

I am trying something along the lines of your new window idea for the tests, and hopefully my system and your system will not have a bird over the whole thing. I forced the quiz link to open in another tab, hopefully it will work out. Will try to remember to keep you posted in here.