Scottish Network

Hi everyone,

I’m John. I work for a Trading Exchange. I’m based in London 3-4 days a week and work from home in Scotland 1-2 days a week.

I spent about a decade offshore Trading Statistical Arbitrage for a Hedge Fund. Mainly Equities. Some FX, Futures, Commodities and occasionally more exotic products.

I’m looking to expand my network of FX traders in Scotland. Anyone who trades FX. Daily traders, algo traders or anyone who trades FX by profession for AM or IM’s.

This is a great forum. Could get lost for a couple of days reading all the posts and threads!

Hope you all have a great rest of week and weekend when it lands :smiley:

John

Oh wow that’s a lot of traveling back and forth! How long is that weekly commute in total?

I’ve stopped counting how long it takes!

The height of summer with all the delays was about 30 hrs a week :sweat_smile:

It was actually faster to drive up and down than fly!

I am in Scotland…East Perthshire.

FX retail trader only…(in between sporadic stints of several weeks at a time working offshore). Trade purely on a technical basis, tuning into instinct/intuition when it comes to me. No experience of any of the more arcane elements of the financial industry and pay little to no attention to fundamentals beyond being cognisant of big econ announcements…and I know many would say that I am making a big mistake in ignoring that side of it…but I don’t seem to need to do any of the extracurricular stuff, which much of the time just seems to me like traders rationalising at any rate.

FTMO funded since 3 months…yeah I know even ‘funded’ accounts are demo accounts at FTMO, but the money is real to me.

Early days, although I have been working on my trading abilities pretty full on since 2019.