Seeking guidance on my current path

Just completed my BabyPips program last week, and I’m incredibly thankful for the site and its supportive community—it truly is the best!

I currently have a plan in place, but I’m not entirely certain if I’m on the right track. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could kindly provide feedback on my thoughts. Whether I need to make additions, adjustments, or eliminations from my current plan, any insights would be valuable.

I’m deeply passionate about trading, and while I admit I’m still a bit clueless about my next steps, I’m a dedicated learner. Despite being a novice, I have a comprehensive understanding of all the concepts I’ve absorbed from BabyPips.

my current plan is to start with TJR trades or ICT

Your guidance would be immensely appreciated!

2 Likes

Success in trading depends firstly on a sound strategy. so to get a check that your strategy is sound why not post up an outline summary of how it works?

Having a sound strategy is then profitable if the trader can apply it perfectly. You can understand and improve practice your own inputs using the strategy through using a demo account. If you run into issues at the demo stage you can post these problems here and maybe get some helpful hacks.

2 Likes

Congratz on completing the program!

Did you check out the Trading Journal section, there are many members who update their Trading Journals frequently. Check out those also, Member spotlight section, there are many lessons to learn from both sections.

Good Luck!

2 Likes

I agree with Tommor. Demo trade and work on your strategy. I don’t know anything about TJR or ICT.

Try it and see how it works. Perhaps start a journal here and get feedback.

3 Likes

Start?
Start what?

TJR trades?
Or ICT?

From a quick google search are these Mentoring courses?
If they are, do they allow you to see verified trading results from the teacher(s)?
Do the teachers have real large institutional trading experience working on a professional trading floor?
Do a background check on who you will be learning from and their success.

Admittedly I don’t believe the course on this website was created by anyone with real professional institutional trading experience.

But at least the school on this website is free.

1 Like

Bro stick with one strategy . I was running through many systems and strategies That was the one mistake i made in the beginning

Backtest your method

Try on a demo account

Start small

Best of luck :confetti_ball:

3 Likes

If you are just starting trading, my advise is to do paper trading for at least one month. It will polish your chart reading and market analysis skills. You can execute various trading strategies and fine tune the most suitable one without losing a single penny.
Many platforms offer paper trading free of cost. Just try it.

1 Like

First, welcome to the community and congratulations on completing the courses, you’re one step away from before.

It’s good you admit your cluelessness, that shows you want more.

If you want my take on this, i won’t advise you start there. I’m not saying, they ain’t good but I don’t just buy the idea.

My best take is to figure it out yourself; i did and here’s how i did mine.

• Completed the School of Pipsology
  • Studied Steve Nison Candlestick Formation (the book gave me better understanding of candlesticks)
  • I went on to apply my knowledge on naked charts; figured out which works for my pair and which doesn’t.
  • After some a months on getting my hands on naked charts, i shifted to more advance Price Action: drawing out my support and resistance zones, identifying my supply and demand areas, identifying the current situation whether a trend or range…
  • I also did this for a month and trust me, all my trades were red. I blew so much money.

But because i figured out my strategy from scratch, i was able to identify what am getting wrong and what am not doing right.
All these i outlined are the bedrock of any strategy you might ever find out there.

You might want to try them out if they work for you. And if they doesn’t work you, know that you’re one step away from before.

Goodluck on your path!
Best Wishes,
AYỌ

3 Likes

can you drop down the link please .thanks in advance

1 Like

after your graduation here y went directly to reading the book after that you backtested ur knowledge isn’t it ?

Trade Journals Section

Member Spotlight Section

2 Likes

Good question. And my answer is, it doesn’t end at BP.
The School of Pipsology was meant to give you a foundational knowledge of what the financial market entails. It’s left to you what you build on it; that’s mine and my believe is it can be somewhat of illumination to yours.