Selecting a chart

Say I have a couple of open positions ,
In MT4 is it possible open the chat of the pair directly from an open position in the Trade window on the Terminal ?

No it’s not possible, because you are referring to the TRADE tab of the TERMINAL.

When you place a trade, as per this statement

the MT-4 Applications assumes that you have the charts open because it’s not possible to place a trade without having them open

the TRADE tab only deals with the properties of the trade and the code does not offer you the option to open a chart, it expect you to go to MARKET WATCH and do it that way

on a personal note
Why are you even asking this… why don’t you just test it or read the MT-4 Manual

it wouldn’t be too hard to figure out,
you would merely have to open a position, then close the chart
then right click on the trade in TERMINAL and see if the option is offered

it would be quicker to do that then to ask here, and more logical
so… why did you even ask ? i’m curious

Thank you for your answer.
I tried of course to look for this really useful feature by myself, then I imagined that some more experienced traders might know how to set it up and posted my question here.

Sorry if I have made anyone feel I was posting a trivial question, I thought that this is what this forum was for…

Best,

it is for that
but , now you are saying this…

you need to understand something mate,
there are some really lazy people here that expect to be spoonfed answers with no effort.
asking the way you asked, comes across as being just that

we don’t mind helping, nor do i
but in the future, it’s a good idea when asking a question to actually state what you have done towards finding a solution

LOOK, I’LL SHOW YOU

you posted this…

NOW, LET’S IMAGINE YOU POSTED THIS INSTEAD

Can you see how this would paint a different picture ?
and we would understand that you were not just being lazy

so… don’t take it personally, but instead understand that i didn’t have enough information to establish whether you were lazy or not, and given the simplicity of the problem, it was the only first conclusion i could draw
does that make sense ?

Correct, next time I ask something I will post the entire situation.
Trust me I am not at all lazy, a newbie maybe.

@redaresg
MY FRIEND… don’t take things personally, that’s the first rule

Secondly, Everyone is a newbie at some point, Not to be smart, but… I was also a Newbie 7 years ago.
Today i trade very succesfully, but that’s not the point
Even before trading, I’m an Engineer, and i’ve trained a lot of people and i know by talking to people how to filter who is lazy and who is not

the point is , if you want to succeed in anything, not just trading, People need to get off their Ar(you know i mean),
they need to stop thinking that you can just ask for answers

People (in my opinion( have forgotten the concept of LEARNING) and … to a point i can understand, i mean… in this information age of internet and in our quest for efficiency, we completely bypass the troubleshooting stage and go straight to the solution within seconds

I mean… I can say you to you , My computer won’t start up and it’s beeping continuously
and in a matter of seconds to a minute, you can tell me what’s wrong with it

Now, you can get the solution… sure
BUT YOU HAVE COMPLETELY BYPASSED THE POINT OF LEARNING

so… my point is, in this day and age and especially in forex, people want answers handed to them literally on a plate, they want the answer to financial freedom and making several grand a day JUST GIVEN TO THEM, what a bloody joke. seriously

however… if you want respect , even as a newcomer, SHOW THAT YOU ARE PUTTING IN EFFORT and I PROMISE YOU MATE, if you do that , you will get more help than you bargained for

No-One likes a lazy non committed person and… that attitude will get you nowhere in trading or in any other industry, but if you put in effort, Usually, people won’t help you anyway… but… ON THIS FORUM… THEY WILL (i would)

so… in the future, show us your efforts
oh also… if you ever visit the site Stack Exchange for tech related matters, the same rules apply there, except , if you show no effort, they will very happily and openly tell you to P SS Off
Tech People who have studied hard to get to where they are and worked their Ar(you get it)s off to achieve what they have… really really dislike lazy people who ask question to simple things like “How do i reformate my computer”

same thing applies to questions like , How do i open a chart…GET IT ?

but if you go on Stack and you say, I’ve done this and that and gone here and done this research for like 4 hours then tried this and that and i still can’t get it to work, then i troubleshooted for another 2 hours and i still can’t get it to reformat can anyone tell me what i’m doing wrong

this shows us that you are trying
you have done at least 6 hours of effort which is respected (Even though you don’t realize it)
and all this troubleshooting ALSO SERVES AS A GUIDE TO US TO KNOW WHERE YOU ARE AT IN THE PROCESS

as opposed to just coming on and saying

how do i format a computer
or
How do i open a chart

OK, so it’s not personal, it’s just that we want you to put in effort, for yourself and for us out of respect

now… you do sound like you ARE NOT lazy… and that’s good
just keep that up and you’ll get your respect mate
be cool