Self confidence

self confidence is really important for real life and trading , but the main problem is we dont know actually what is self confident and what is over confident.

Confidence is certainly good, but the main thing is that it does not turn into overconfidence and does not lead to bad consequences. I believe that you need to be confident but to be able to rely on your knowledge and experience. So constantly develop, and then you will become a good trader.

1 Like

Certainly you’ll be!
Self-confidence is what will help you reach your goals however do keep in mind that over-confidence can be harmful. So try to remain grounded and confident at the same time!

so many traders i have seen who are profitable from there but for once or twice , we the traders have to focus on consistency , because only this habit can make us successful in real or trading.

Self confidence comes from when you know you are following a sound trading strategy and sticking to it.

Saying it won’t be anything of value. You have to work it, you have to live it, you have to breath it, you have to do what it takes to be a profitable trader.

1 Like

@no_frame

You are more correct than you know

There are alot of wonderful aphorisms on here and in the trading arena generally

Things like

Control your emotions
Dont be scared
Use a stop loss
Always let your winners run
Cut your losses quickly

And many more - the question is how?

How are you going to let your winners run when your freaking out the market will reverse on you?

How will you have confidence when your last five trades were losers?

How can you use a stop loss when you are scared of taking even a small loss?

It goes on and on

So yes, @no_frame a lot of preparation, and self awareness goes into successful trading.

Until self confidence becomes who you are you will always struggle.

1 Like

Yup! No doubts about it.

That’s the way and approach to become a profitable trader.

Indeed! It is.

I like your spirit. Good Luck :+1: :slight_smile:

Self confidence comes from knowing what we are doing. I am going to be a profitable trader is determination not confidence. To gain confidence we need to get enough knowledge and skills.

Personally, from my idealogy confidence is built from the strategy you use to approach the market. To put it straight you are not building confidence in yourself to place a trade that you will stick with until all prerequisite are met to close in loss or profit instead you are building confidence around your strategy. Your strategy is the root, you have to groom it to a fully grown tree. We all know it won’t take a day to do that. From the root to the trunk to the branches to the leaves…lots of work mehn! But when you are done, while you are seeing the results of your hard work ( leaves and more leaves) the confidence to defeat the market and come out victorious will never quench because you have a fire tested strategy. Go to work!

I prefer Strategy Confidence to self Confidence😊

To become a good and profitable trader, you need to have confidence. If you don’t have faith in your decisions you can not make money from this market.

You are required self confidence only to become a profitable trader.

the power of the mind is not a joke, good insight

A person has his self-confidence when he can derive more and more profit from trading. Contrarily, continuous losses discourage a trader. To bring self-confidence in a trader, learning plays the vital role. A trader should devote to learning more and more.

Self-confidence is one of the most important of all the qualities you will need in order to become a successful trader. You must have faith in yourself and your trading strategy.

And are you?

1 Like