Self-control and trading

Trading is an exercise in self-Control.
How much do you believe?

1 Like

I think any endeavor is an exercise in self-control/discipline.

3 Likes

100 percent

2 Likes

I agree. most of people think trading is just about learning different technical and fundamental analysis, knowing how EAs work or things like that, but they don’t think about the psychological aspect of trading. things like self-control, emotional- management.

2 Likes

Agreed. Self-control is what prevents you from trading emotionally or from engaging in revenge trading.

1 Like

That’s just the beginning…

3 Likes

I believe it to a high extent because a trader who can’t control himself can’t survive in forex for a very long time.

2 Likes

Luckily I’ve never had much trouble with self-discipline, but what trading has taught me is to be ruthless in self-examination and self-criticism. No trade is perfect so every trade can teach a lesson.

Actually I really appreciate the challenges sometimes thrown my way in babypips posts. Constructive criticism can only help. I rarely use a strategy unless I posted it here, just to check I’m not getting carried away.

5 Likes

Yeah because when you win or loss this eludes emotions like greed or fear which force you you drift away from your trading plan and make unplanned trades which often end up in mistake.

2 Likes

Absolutely, right.

1 Like

Discipline and self-control are the driving forces behind turning dreams become reality.

1 Like

Definitely. :open_mouth: And it’s one that I’m still struggling with even after all these years. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Self-control is highly essential for a trader because a self-controlled person can keep himself free from greed and emotion.

1 Like

The ability to manage emotions, adhere to a trading plan, and exercise discipline are important factors in achieving consistent and profitable results

2 Likes

Self-control is a skill that can be improved and developed through trading. There are many situations in trading where you need to have good self-control by doing a lot it can become a habit.

1 Like

Self-control is highly essential for traders because a person who can control himself can curb his greed and emotion.

2 Likes

I would say self-Control is a “must do” in Trading! :joy:

1 Like

Its importance to success in trading or growing an account may seem over-exaggerated until one’s account is in dire need of salvation then the person becomes a believer.

1 Like

As a beginner trader, I can confirm that It is very important :grinning: I had a humbling experience recently and hopefully, I will not do the same mistake again.

2 Likes

Right. Self-control is a valuable trait for traders.

1 Like