Sell stop order reset set

Hi guys!

Can someone really explain what happened with my trading setting today? I will be extremely grateful.

Is it possible that my broker changed the settings both on my order, and chart or may be it was a technical issue?

This is what happened:

So, today, I decided to trade Eur/usd on a M5 chart. It was in a range from about 10:40am to 14:00pm. Perhaps, it’s still consolidated. Analysing the trend, I thought that there was a high probability of the up trend reversing downwards if it breaks through the support zone.

So, I identified the possible entry-price-point on my chart, which was a few pips below this support zone. There, I place my Sell Stop Order. The speculation was that when the market touches that particular point it would automatically change the order into a market order (References include spreadbetting, Marcus Heitoetter, Rayner Two, etc). It may also continue on that down trend. I also set the stop loss at 1:1 ratio just above that entry price point. It was 10 pips into the area above the support zone. I also identified 3 areas of the take profits although I didn’t have the time to set up any of the Tps.

. . . Now, here is what happened.
The trend changed like I anticipated into a down trend from an up trend. I was happy.

(1) That downtrend came with so much speed/velocity/force that it moved downwards creating so many pips, which could have been great profits.

(2) Yet, I noticed that my Initial Entry- price point was automatically moved from 1.19579, where I set it. This was just a few pips below the support line, which is the bottom brown line. It moved to new point at 1.19514. This point is way below my initial target line. What really happened here?

(3) I noticed that when this changed, the Stoploss point also moved from 10 pips above initial entry-price point to an area above the Resistance line (See the brown line on top). What really happened here?

Now, here is my question to you my fellow community members?

(I) Do you think that there is a high possiblity that the speed/force/velocity with which the down trend came, changed the settings?

(II) Or, do you also think that my broker’s system, network or mt4 system changed my settings unintentionally?

1. Do you think that I could have prevented this situation? If so, how.

Let me know your views! Kindly explain your point. I’m excited to unravel this mystic secret to me, which may be already known to some of you.

Enjoy your weekend!

Hi, yes market speed can change transaction price, it is called slippage, you have real account?. There is a solution to little prevent this situation, change time frame :wink: many transactions over smaller timeframes will not necessarily increase profits. Regards Greg

1 Like

There will be losses in trading, but if you reject the market with these losses, you will never succeed. Every trader should learn from mistakes. If one learns from mistakes and moves forward, he will one day succeed in trading.

1 Like

Hi!
Thanks for your prompt feedback. I learnt the actual meaning of the word slippage from your explanation. I’ve read about it before, but it didnt make much sense. Now, having experienced the actual situation of slippage, and your explanation, it’s clear.

Im glad also to learn about the use of smaller time frames during slippage. I guess you mean M1, M5 and M15 because I think that I was trading on M30. Thank you ever so much.

Regards

HI Rosie!

Thanks for your words of encouragement. Honestly, I felt like damping that broker. Let me try it a little more.

I am still at the stage of demo. I tried one broker in Dec-Jan 21. Now, I am trying the second broker since Feb 21. After the 3rd one starting 20th March, I guess I would have known which broker to trade with.

Thanks

So you should test your strategy, how it will work if you change open transaction price.

1 Like

Thanks…I will test to see the effectiveness of trading on small time frames…

By the way, can a broker refund a trader for slippage?
Or, may they accuse also a software platform like MT4.

Or, who may also blame the network provider.

It sounds that like a trader must just always take care of oneself : risk management…

a slip test is a price change that you set to a slip test, e.g. buy at 1.19500 with a slip of 1.19510

Brokers protect business and write disclaimer in terms and conditions.

yes

1 Like

Oh okay…that’s what a slip test is about…I will read more about it…should there be any further qtns, I will get back to you. Okay, I will continue researching about the best broker…so far Oanda, Eaglefx, Fxview, IC markets sound okay…not sure…

I thought fx trading was a business with a simple jump start…it’s not.

Ok have a lovely weekend

1 Like