Settling with FX

Hello!

I am Riz. Nice to meet you.

For more than one and a half month I am using OANDA’s demo platform. I have to say that the compared to other brokers, the experience on the platform was premium. I

During this period of time I managed to wager in almost $81,000…with a deposit of $100,000. Now I was thinking that… the amount is huge and more than enough for a family of 4, in such a short period of time. I had prepared my trading strategies with accurate risk management and immense dedication. Now I was wondering if I could settle with my trading strategies and do it in real account. I discussed with OANDA about this and am yet to receive a reply. Also, where do I stand out among all of you experts? Sorry to boast but I really wanted to compare myself because that’s the best way to improve).Do you think I will be able to make this much in real account? Except for virtual funds…do you think there would be any difference between demo and real accounts?

Sorry for this awkward question. Actually my father does a risky job as a pilot and everyday we have to prepare ourselves like maybe he may not return today. I just wanted to secure my family’s position and act as a support if anything happens.

By answering this you will do me a great favor. Thank you so very much.

Ok Riz

first of all

you sound like you’re Gambling, which is never a good start, you need to get rid of that Gambling Mentality.
i think what you mean to say was that you profited $81,000 in around 6 weeks

but that’s not the be all and end all of it because this can be fixed, now let’s look at WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

to make $81,000 if we assume you did it in 6 weeks. IT AVERAGES OUT TO $2,700 A DAY

Yes it is , for most people

we can’t answer your question because we don’t know what you did .
Start like this
Tell me HOW YOU GOT $2,700 A DAY
WHICH INSTRUMENT
WHAT LOT SIZE
WHERE WAS YOUR STOP LOSS
WHERE IS YOUR TAKE PROFIT

Why would you discuss this with your broker ?
They are not your friend, they are just going to say … YES, SURE, GO LIVE, IT LOOKS LIKE YOU’RE READY
Then… they’ll take your money

at this point my feeling is NO
but i’d like to know how you plan your trade first

also i’ll tell you why NO

I have trained people in the past to trade , and i have noticed the following…

• they all start with high loss rates
  • after that they gain some knowledge, Loss Rate gets lower and proportionally their confidence level gets higher
  • in the beginning they can go a few days without a loss , then they suffer a big loss due to bad management or getting cocky
  • later on they go around a month or so without a loss THEN THEY GET REALLY COCKY

Mate, without seeing what you’re doing, i can say this

• I have seen people go a month or so without a loss then lose it all… PLENTY OF TIMES
    all this proves is… you have a good idea of how to trade , but you don’t know everything

Now, what i’ve found is the true test is this…
if you can continue this for around 6 months consistantly.
i have never seen anyone achieve the 6 month mark and then lose it all

however i have seen people achieve the 1 month and 2 month mark and lose it all
i have even seen them reach the 3 month mark then lose it all

and it’s always pretty much like you described
you go a few weeks, you get confident,
you decide to go live
NEXT STEP
YOU LOSE IT ALL

let’s do some math here, shall we
LET’S MAKE A FEW ASSUMPTIONS AND PROJECTIONS just for fun…

Account Balance = $100,000
Risk = 1%
Risk Amount Per Trade = $1,000

Now let’s assume you have a stop loss of 80 pips
so… $1,000 / 80 = $12.50 per pip
so let’s put your lot size at $12 per pip = 1.20 lots

Now to achieve $2700 a day at $12 per pip
you need to achieve 225 pips a day

now how you do that is up to you

you can do it 225 pips in 1 trade
or
you can do … say 45 trades of 5 pips each
up to you

but the question is… CAN YOU ACHIEVE 225 PIPS A DAY
and CAN YOU DO IT CONSISTANTLY FOR A MIN OF 6 MONTHS

at this stage, given your experience and given the numbers and the time you’ve spent in forex, i don’t think it’ll happen

but again… let me know how you are trading so we get a clearer picture of what you’re doing.
now there is an easier way to achieve this goal, but it would mean you are using much higher risk, which in turn would mean that you’ll probably lose your money

but again… tells us what you’re doing to achieve this amount and we’ll give you an opinion

1 Like

@anon81929759 has said it correct. You took it as a gambling. For success in any business you need proper mindset. Do you have any statistics of you winning and losing trades? What’s your lots size? Are they always same? Do you have a good risk reward ratio a

1 Like