Seven figures account,anyone?

Hi all,
I was talking to a friend today about forex and he seemed not to believe that people(retail traders) do grow their accounts up to millions in account.He still believes the BIG PLAYERS wont permit you, with their manipulation, to grow your account into seven figures.
Do you know of anyone who grows his or her account to millions? What is the main secret? what are the obstacles?

Thanx you,
Headmaster.

I don’t think big players are too concerned with millions… isn’t FX a trillion dollar market place??

Any hoot, yes it is possible and there are traders out there that have… I’m not one but anything is possible…

I know one trader who took an account of $5k and has compounded it over the last 5 years and he’ll break the 7 digits this year

Cheers

WOW!!! That is impressive.Good for him.He must be discipline and consistent.While it is possible to get seven figures in few years, i guess this guy you are talking about is making average of $200,000 per year as an estimate.That is not bad at all.

Tell him that the BIG PLAYERS like trading BIG MONEY, and they want you to have that million dollar account so you can take million dollar positions, and they can walk away with your BIG ACCOUNT hah! In other words, they know they are good enough to beat you out. :wink:

i am not there yet but i am hoping to be in the next few years!

i have gone from a 3 figure account to trading an upper 5 figure personal account and a 6 figure client account in less than a year so i believe 7 figures is well within my reach over the coming years :slight_smile:

lee

Good point.BIG PLAYERS like to take advantage of retail trader like you and I.But we just have to design ways to make money out of the BIG PLAYERS.
It is zero-sum game,you know.

Nice.I think i like your altitude and midset.It is great work to move from 3 figures to upper 5 for yourself and better for others.I will be more than happy if i can grow my trade the way you did.
Good job,man

Smart Money actively use your own psychology against you but they don’t just [B]steal [/B]your money.

HaHaHa
smart operators couldn’t care less what you call it.
Mugging, raiding, stealing?

This FOREX gig is about making money and it doesn’t matter what accounts are mugged and raided. Cold, hard cash is all what counts.

Have a look at GU.
The 10 pip knuckleheads are in there and slugging it out since hours in tight range.
A couple of order bursts either way once in awhile and a few thousands accounts are done and down by xx%.
Meanwhile the smart operators are tugged away safely above & below that range waiting for the next leg to start with serious order flow once a trigger is pulled.

I see this come up time and time again. Why are people so quick to equate stop hunting with stealing/foul play. If you can’t tolerate whipsaws, you really shouldn’t be in this market.

This best naked truth i have heard on babypips.

I call this type of “stealing” as legally theft.Check out how Swiss bank caused spike last friday on USD/CHF,about 100 pip .They did it too last March around 400pips.You know you are being shortchanged and there seems to be little or nothing you do about it.Either you join them to make money in forex or they legally “steal” your money to have a good time at Wall Street.No sitting on the fence here. :D:D:D

Do you mean those little useless boxes below your charts that are always lagging, late, confused and obstruct you view from the important bits on your charts?

Don’t have them on my charts, sorry. I like my charts clean with 4 parallel lines and one diagonal line. I like to see what’s going on instead of being obstructed by a bunch of lagging indicators.

Shouldn’t I or should I be in this market?

May I have a peek at your chart?

What? That’s not at all what I meant.

A box full of indicators and a whipsaw are two completely different things.

lol if you havent learnt the difference between a whipsaw and an indicator yet then no you shouldn’t!

hahahah This made me smile, thank you sir for brightening up my day with your naivety

Millionaire traders? J16 and NickB to name but 2…

Hey guys,
I like your view but we need to focus on the subject of this thread so that everyone of us can learn one or two things there.Or does anyone here dont want to be a millionaire.Let us share our experience and hints on how those who has made it did it for the betterment of all.No more distraction.
Let the enjoyment continue.:D:D
Thank you.