Share your take!

What would be your suggestions/advice to an absolute newbie to trading that has been checking babypips?

My advice is to confirm that trading is difficult, very difficult. A lot of new people have been fed false information and believe that trading is easy and will make them rich. Trading is far from easy and it will not make you rich.

With that said, the key to being a successful trading is education. If you’re a beginner I would suggest you first learn the basics, which you can do here on BabyPips at the School of Pipsology:

Learn How to Trade the Markets (babypips.com)

Once you’ve completed this course you will need to seek out future education, either by buying a course or doing a lot of your own research.

Lastly and most importantly, never try trading with real money unless you’re consistently profitable on a demo account.

3 Likes

As Baby pips provides a comprehensive introduction and education, I can say before using a real account and with real money, sign up for a demo account . It’s crucial to treat this demo trading as you would real trading, so you understand the emotional dynamics.

Remember that trading carries risks, and it’s possible to lose money. It’s essential to approach it with a long-term perspective and a commitment to continuous learning and improvement.

Baby pips is a great education site, and would help new traders to begin the path to eventual success. Bear in mind there is no short cut and I would suggest you open a demo account to practice and experiment on, to see if trading suits you and your life style.

Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Be patient. Concentrate on self-education and experience. Don’t forget about demos.