Short-Term Forex Technical Outlook: GBP/JPY

The GBPJPY has fallen lower after holding a tight rate in the previous week, and should continue to work its way towards the lower bound of its medium-term range as investors continue to curb their appetite for risky assets.

[B]Currency Pair: [/B]GBP/JPY
[B]Chart:[/B] 60 Min Charts
[B]Short-Term Bias:[/B] Flat

[B][U]Analysis[/U][/B]

[B][U]
[/U][/B]

The GBPJPY has fallen lower after holding a tight rate in the previous week, and should continue to work its way towards the lower bound of its medium-term range as investors continue to curb their appetite for risky assets. After reaching a high of 165.11 on 10/30, the pound-yen slipped to a low of 118.83 in January, and the lack of momentum to break above 141.90-142.00 (50.0% Fib) suggests that the pair will continue to move within range over the near-term. Over the next few hours of trading, I expect the GBPJPY work its way towards 128.70-80 (21.4% Fib) to test for short-term support however, as the RSI approaches oversold territory, we may see the pair attempt to retrace the sell-off from earlier this week. Nevertheless, if we see the pair break below the 21.4% Fib, we may perhaps see the pound-yen fall back towards the 1/23 low of 118.83 in the weeks ahead. Be sure to check out other Technical Reports from DailyFX for additional information on the major currency pairs.

[I]To contact the author of this article, please email: <[email protected]>[/I]

[B][I][I] Related Articles:[/I][/I][/B]

[B][I][I]Dollar Rally Stalls As Traders Question Safety In Deepening Recession[/I][/I][/B]

[I][B]Euro Breakout Favored as Long as Price is above 1.2616[/B][/I]

[I][B]A Quick Range Setup On the Opposite Side Of AUDUSD Congestion[/B][/I]

[I][B]FX Technical Weekly[/B][/I]