Short Term Trading - ICT Style!

I think it’s a bit of both… deliverance was really obvious in the AUD/USD to NZD/USD correlation if you were looking there. I was already in trade, but it looked like a nice setup.

We had a fractal form (3bar pattern) on the Fiber and i was looking for a short today, couldn’t find anything in LO and now we are in NYO i still can’t find something to go short on. If we close down on the Fiber today then a 5 bar pattern will be in place so i’ll still be looking to short it tomorrow.

If the Cable closes down today which it looks like it will then we have a fractal form on there too (3bar pattern) so i’ll be looking to get short on the Cable tomorrow too.

Doing a bit of home work and anticipating a trade for tomorrow. As we know, 18 is below the 40 on the Moving averages, and fractals have formed so we are looking for a short tomoz…

now on the cable I marked the 1.5480 level at the beginning of the week, and if price is trading up from here then it would line up nicely with an OTE. I also anticipate a type two divergence making an appearance.

I’m using today’s high to low for the OTE. Complete (OTE Area marked in blue box)
The diagonal yellow lines show what the type 2 divergence would look like (only for further confirmation not essential)
Red line is the Key level resistance that we marked previously.

Here is what this would look like on a 1hour chart…

subscribing

:slight_smile:

Not a great start guys, took a 2% loss today. The set up I described came to light at NYO today and I entered short at 15482, with a 25 pip stop loss. If i had a 27 pip stop loss i would have had the opportunity to take off half at 25pips and got to break even, and finally i would have been stopped out. However the trade went against me and i lost a full 2%. A quick note to say there was also SMT divergence between cable and fiber, and there was also a type 2 divergence on the Stochastics.

Just to clarify, a set up came to fruition at the same time following the A/D system on my first thread. They both gave me a sell signal at the same time, but i only placed one trade at 2%, not 2 trades at 2%.
I will post my analysis on both threads following the rules of each system and i will be documenting the percentage gain or loss each week, for each system separately.

Week 1- 2% Loss

Welcome to the party FXcro! Glad to have you here!

This is for the loss i took on Friday. The chart shows what i was looking at.

tycoon, big kudos for starting this thread!

Don’t give up on it after the shaky start, your analysis was right on the money (so to speak hehehe).

Let us know how it’s going! :slight_smile:
Cheerz

Cheers Dude! don’t worry I’m on it! :slight_smile:

ok peeps, we have a 3 bar fractal on both Fiber and Cable with the 18 below the 40 MA. So we should be looking for a short tomorrow. Unless you are trading the 5 bar pattern in which case wait till tomorrows day range closes below today’s.

I’ll be looking for a judas out of Asia for something to get short on and as i lost 2% on the last trade i have to reduce my risk to 1%. Looking at the daily chart i noticed that the fiber has the averages widening so i guess this would be the better pair to trade, i would like to see SMT divergence between the fiber and cable with one of them taking out the highs of Tuesday to confirm the entry on the trade.

We had a Judas swing up this morning, and briefly had SMT divergence between cable and Fiber, The cable took out Mondays Highs while the Fiber had failed to even take out Tuesdays highs, but then a few minutes later the Fiber caught up. I have a set up to sell on my A/D thread for the cable so i’ve set an order to sell at 1.5700. I’ll risk 1% for this thread and 2% for that thread. Lastly there is a reflection pattern that lines up with the 1.5700 mark. We’ll see if my order gets taken in.

we are nearly at 10am gmt, I cancelled my order

Excuse my ignorance :slight_smile: but aren’t we at 9am GMT at the moment?
If you are from London you are on BST (summer time), which is GMT+1
Current local time in United Kingdom – England – London

Hmmm bro, the trade might still be valid, it came back and tested the highs but the fiber didn’t break its LO high… Divergence between GU and EU

thanks bro, i decided to go with a set up with my other thread. Been trying to post on the thread since yesterday but its not letting me, weird.

I’m sorry mate im not sure about these things, you’re probably right. All i know is when i looked at my watch it was 9;50am. Cause i live in London, regardless of daylight saving times i just keep my LO kill zone from 7am till 10am

The A/D divergence is no longer on the cable but the fiber still has a set up. Looking to enter long at 1.2095, which is an OTE from the bounce off 1.2080. I think i may have missed my chance to be honest.

Hey guys, a quick update, I wasn’t trading last week but to be honest there isn’t going to be many trades with this method so i hope no one is expecting a fast pace action day by day results. This is really a method for those that don’t have much time to trade and want to catch long term swings.
Going forward i’m avoiding the Cable as the moving averages seem to be criss crossing all over the places and until they start widening in one direction i think its best to stay out. The Fiber still has the 18 below the 40 and it seems we may get a set up this week. Lets see.

Week 1- 2% Loss
Week 2- 0% (0 trades) total -2% (1 set up but no entry)
Week 3- 0% (0 trades) total -2%
Week 4- 0% (0 trades) total -2%

Also just to mention there was a trade on the Cable that i must have missed, the fractal high is on Friday 27th July and i should have been looking for a short on the Tuesday the 31st, had i caught that i would have had some serious pips! personal note to myself to go back and analyse that trade and possible entries.

Really try to limit your frequency until September bro… no need to burn it hot. Save the bullets. :wink:

+1, Ty, listen to Mike.

The Ever Still On Holiday VIPER