Should we buy Game Stocks? GAmestop is a menace?

I don’t think that there are any hard and fast rules in forex trading. If it works for you, it is worth it and if it doesn’t, there are a lot of options that you can consider.

Indeed! That is why there was no quick solution to the situation. LOL

Hmmm… invading threads, asking questions and clogging them up - good chance you are correct - then again maybe others perhaps not just as experienced as your good self may possibly learn a tiny piece from my “clogging”

Wonder is that because he is mostly busy during the week - important to try and be ahead of the game?.

That it is - and I look forward to it immeasurably every week.

Any other criticism I will gladly reply to - because it’s the weekend :slight_smile:

Thing is most the posters on WSB are young - they are being encouraged as investors and not as traders - so the question is what is the outlook for GME earnings going forward - is it a safe bet to hold at 50?

All eyes March 25th - this is not a bad hold imo.

Just thinking about GME (since it’s Friday) - happens 21 years ago I had a sizable stake in Pokemon - was reading today how that franchise " Pokémon GO Hits $1 Billion in 2020 as Lifetime Revenue Surpasses $4 Billion"

Sadly my stake back then was thrown out with wash of the dot com bust.

On July 20th 2016 Nasdaq com ran a headline entitled:

“Pokemon Go Shows Why GameStop Corp. Is Doomed”

Bottom line - investing is every bit as difficult as trading.

1 Like

Nothing difficult about investing, $100 a week into the S&P 500 for the past 30 years and never sell and your 156K principle would be worth several million today. What is happening in GME is pure Speculation, which is very different than investing or trading

1a

Clearly you are an investor with special forward looking specs that most of us ordinary folk don’t possess :slight_smile:

INteresting that our “Peter - MA” finally admits that his “I’ve found a way to block your posts” - was simple fiction ! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Note again that “peter-MA” is simply taking a single word or phrase completely away from the intent of the thread - to challenge a perfectly reasonable and reasoned post - by diverting attenton away from the content - “Deflection” is what we call this manouver !

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Gee you are thick headed, the S&P 500 rises as the dollar is devalued, anyone can make money investing in the S&P , you don’t even need to look at a chart

1 Like

Lol - I missed the entertainment - anyways Falstaff you’re not such a bad guy - sometime we’ll share a pint or two - who knows :slight_smile:

Great video, but here’s the thing, it was reported. Tech news, finance news, mainstream news, big cable financial news, all covered the SEC settlement. I do blame Robinhood for lack of more disclosure, but all the blame can’t be put on them. It’s the investor’s/trader’s job to also do their own homework. No financial company, after being fined, unless they’re directed by some authority, will throw up a notice to its customers that it was fined for XYZ, so please really think about doing business with us. Not going to happen. At max, you’ll see if thinly voiced press release on same back-page blog, that will immediately get pushed down by more “announcements” immediately after.

Class action being taken re GME:

According to the plaintiffs there was one guy who …

Iovin v. Gill | Sec Rule 10b 5 | Class Action (scribd.com)

Interesting.

I have asked before HOW is it possible to be 140% “short” and teh Plaintiff in this case answers that.

It seems he had been in the habit of selling “Naked Calls” (Options derivatives which many have classed as predatory and unnecessary) - whereby an individual sells “options” - The Punter Buys a “Call” at a price which is dependent on the current share price. If the share price goes down the option expires worthless and the Punter loses his money - If teh share price goes UP then the Punter is entiitled to claim possession of the SHares he is Optioned for at no additional cost. :smiley:

Now if you or I sold “calls” - they would HAVE to be “Covered calls” - ie we would HAVE to own the actual shares we were Gambling with. - and by simple logic no more than 100% “short” ! - Not so for the “Big Boys” their buddies in the Regulatory authorities allow them to sell “Naked Calls” - ie they proceed as Though they actually had the shares and rake in profits when the “Calls” expire worthless - and at NO COst to themselves, since they never even OWNED the shares in the first place.

The FACT that “they” were 140% short and therefore could not possibly fulfil their obligations if they lost - pretty much PROVES that any “LOSS” was regarded as totally impossible and teh "Regulators in letting this pass are equally guilty !

There is a specific day each month when “Options expire” and those of us who studied THOse markets often knew when a down day was coming as the Big Boys manipulated the price regularly to ensure "Maximum harm to the most people"

This is normal and “accepted” within the industry and although many have been pressing to make the manipulation illegal for many years. It is clearly too lurative to too many for any such action to be taken.

Ergo the WSB boys come in and “stick it to the man” :rofl:

This being the case - the Hustlers were then forced to “Cover” and lost money - so now they go crying to the “Law”

Their only line of arguent seems to be that “KG” was a registered professional and therefore should not be operating to make money for the “Little guy” - since his regulations said that he had to “behave himself” and those regulating him wr=ere liable for not making him “behave himsef”.

Yes interesting Peter - I do hope you will “Pop-up” the defence when it is submitted :sunglasses:

[Note also the use of teh term “Robin Hood” - to obfuscate the potential “joining in” or of future reference to the “RobinHood” “Brokers” who have been highly implicated in the shady goings on behind the scenes !]

Aye MML saying that nothing to do with them - no engagement with social media and so on.

Class action in America is common - guys make bad calls and then figure to lay blame - they then are given a list of all ‘victims’ and send letters urging same to join.

Got loads back in the dot com thing - binned them all - took the guy to blame to court - myself :slight_smile:

Well they would wouldn’t they ? :rofl:

I’m not sure the Plff is on strong ground here having admitted in his Plaint to selling “Naked Calls” - ie intending to profit from the market without actually putting ANY money in - and that his “Class” as a whole were “selling” 140% - which would be IMPOSSIBLE to deliver ! and their own regulator being acquiescent about allowing this impossibility to proceed - they then want to sue those who (from whatever motive) WERE actually prepared to BUY the stiock using their own money !

If “Judge Judy” is to be believed there is a doctrine in USA Courts that "anyone seeking to benefit from the legal system must have clean hands…"

Which sounds reasonable to me and I think THAT is where I would attack them !

Anyhow 'bout that pint - do you get over to England at all - or do I have to come over there ? - Never actually been to Ireland - though I do like a bit fishing and always promised myself a pint or ten of REAL “Liffey Water” ! :sunglasses:

Aye - have family and friends there - family in South (posh type forgetting roots) friends
in North (very mindful of roots but loads of money).

Your pints are well… how can i put it diplomatically…

Only kidding, the EU never realized that Irish and English tastes are so alike until Brexit.

My son-in-law and myself went into a Boston bar in US and asked for a pint each - ‘Ah’ the bartender exclaimed ’ you guys are Irish, I know your pint’. - he produced 2 pints - with tiny umbrellas sticking out - horror of horrors.

1 Like

Shares in this troubled video game company more than doubled on Wednesday back to $US91.71

Don’t Say… Dead Cat Bounce…

2 Likes