Should you scalp?

Personally, I’m a scalper, and I LOVE it. Through lots of trial, & error, I’ve gained a LOVE and appreciation for it. Who here scalps? How can I help you improve your scalping?

Are you in the money dating from when you started out?

Yeah! I been trading for about 4 years and I’m in profit. I don’t do anything but trade!

But you are spamming here. Surely someone such as yourself, that moves a Yard a week doesn’t need to Spam O Late, why the rebates on that volume alone should keep you in lipstick for a good long time ???

The Ever Wondering What Is Next VIPER

2 Likes

I use a trend following method. It’s fully mechanical, so I have to take about as many scalps as swings. I’ve learned to live with it. I’m always open to new ideas.

Steve - you and storm make a good match

1 Like

Steves got his fingers into everything. One of the true quality posters here.

3 Likes

I love scalping as well
What type of trade exit do you use?

I have been using a counter trend system. I follow a recent trend and then when a pullback or rally occurs i trade it. I’ve done well with it but this system relies on a trending market and they don’t happen ever day. So I am looking for a scalping strategy to fill in the non-trending dead zones. I have read about “Simple 5 EMA High / Low Scalping Strategy” that looks pretty good. I’ll be testing it this week using very small unit trades (I hate paper trading…having some $ involved makes it more real to me). Anyway…to answer the over-all topic question: should you scalp? My answer is yes. After a week of it I might say no :>)

Hi Storm…I prefer trend following but am looking for a scalping strategy which fills in the dead zones between trending markets. I’m in the investigative phase of finding a workable scalping strategy. I would really appreciate your advise.

I would love to scalp, but I just cant do it. I only make losses when scalping.I hope to master it someday.