Sideways Market Months

Just started practice trading last week. As far as I can tell the whole market (at least the majors) has been moving sideways for some time now. Are there certain months the market stays sideways and ones when it is more volatile? If so, when can we expect to see a change?
Any guidance would be helpful.

“The whole market”? You can see the whole market already? You have a bright future mate! :sunglasses:

What time frame are you looking at?
Cause I’m not seeing what you are seeing…
EURUSD for example is not sideways even on the MN time frame.

It’s the FOREX market, pretty sure the whole market cannot be moving sideways at the same time. Look for one that isn’t and trade it, if you are a trend following trader.

Last week most (88%) of the major pairs moved in line with their underlying intermediate trend (as defined by the 50EMA slope). Over the previous 5 consecutive weeks, never more than 50% of them had done this. I can only hope that price action in line with the major trends is now recovering and we should now see some further price progression with trends.

I got the Currency Strength Indicator from Quantum Trading. I use that as well as thr RSI indicator, looking at time frames all the way up to monthly. While there have been a few periodic time I’ve seen overbought and oversold they usually just barely cross the lines and then move back to the middle.
If I am missing something I would appreciate any guidance ( in the simplest terms as I am very new).

1 Like

Hi @jimsnow, The Quantum CSI is a good Indicator… It’s when the Currencies cross on the 4 hour or higher Chart that you will see a major trend…

As @tommor has posted above the markets are moving sideways big time at the moment, and the fluctuations make it hard to read what’s actually unfolding with most of the currency pairs.

Do a YouTube search on Currency Strength Analysis and pick the bones out of all the strategies and ideas that traders can use to make the CSI more reliable.

Hope this is of some help. Cheers

If your trading a pair on strength / weakness let’s say eur/usd you can check by looking at all the EUR/ pairs and all the USD/ pairs to see the true strength of each currency.

1 Like

Thanx for the info! I will check it out.

That sounds a lot like the currency matrix Anna Coulling talks about.