Signs shows you are over trading

Please take a moment to reflect on your trading style and mention what you consider to be overtrading in that context.

@eleanorkim

Its all depends bro
If you are a scalper you will take many trades that cannot be considers as overtraining of you a swing trader may be two or three trades per week depending on your style

I usually take two trades per day win or lose.

I think overtrading is when you keep trading eventhough your focus is gone, you don’t see things clearly anymore. Sort of fatigue.

Swing trading, overtrading to me is having positions outweighs my positions sizing.

1 Like

Forcing trades just because you feel like trading.

2 Likes

Scalpers, due to the nature of their approach, tend to make many trades in a day, while swing traders might only make a few trades per week.
Your approach of two trades per day seems like a balanced routine that works for you.

Overtrading can indeed be less about the number of trades and more about trading beyond your optimal mental state or strategy.
. When focus wanes or decision-making becomes clouded by fatigue, even a single additional trade can be considered overtrading.

It’s about staying within the boundaries of your established risk management plan.

1 Like

i think about those terms a lot
what if you are just a scalper? can someone call you an overtrader?
i think until you are not suferring from your trading -i mean if it is not putting pressure on you- and you are making money so all is fine

When you trade without thinking about them beforehand aka trading without a plan.

You can have a million trades per day (just an example) and still be not over trading, as long as all of them were taken in line with your trading plan.
You can take one trade per week and still be over trading as long as that trade is not in line with your trading plan.
So, the term does not necessarily refer to the quantity of your trades but rather the quality, as defined by your trading plan.

1 Like