Silver Trades in a Trendless Mode | Technical Analysis

XAG/USD traded higher on Tuesday, but hit resistance near the 24.30 level and then, it retreated somewhat. Overall, the white metal has been trading in a trendless mode since December 1st, with most of the price action being contained between the 23.50 and 24.30 levels. Thus, for now, we will adopt a neutral stance.

In order to start examining the bullish case, we would like to see the price breaking above the upper end of the aforementioned range, at 24.30. Such a move may initially target the 24.85 zone, or the 25.05 barrier, marked by the peaks of December 8th and November 16th respectively. If the buyers are not willing to stop there, a break higher may extend the advance towards the high of October 12th, at 25.55.

Looking at our short-term oscillators, we see that the RSI moved back above its 50 line, but has just ticked down, while the MACD, although above its trigger line, lies fractionally below zero. Both indicators suggest that silver may start gathering upside speed soon, but the fact that the RSI turned down and that the MACD is still negative confirms our view to wait for a break above 24.30 before getting confident on that front.

On the downside, a dip below 23.50 may be needed in order to wake up the bears. This will confirm a forthcoming lower low on both the 4-hour and daily charts and may see scope for declines towards the low of November 24th, at 22.90. Another break, below 22.90, could set the stage for larger bearish extensions, perhaps towards the 22.00 area, slightly above the low of November 30th.

Disclaimer:

The content we produce does not constitute investment advice or investment recommendation (should not be considered as such) and does not in any way constitute an invitation to acquire any financial instrument or product. The Group of Companies of JFD, its affiliates, agents, directors, officers or employees are not liable for any damages that may be caused by individual comments or statements by JFD analysts and assumes no liability with respect to the completeness and correctness of the content presented. The investor is solely responsible for the risk of his investment decisions. Accordingly, you should seek, if you consider appropriate, relevant independent professional advice on the investment considered. The analyses and comments presented do not include any consideration of your personal investment objectives, financial circumstances or needs. The content has not been prepared in accordance with the legal requirements for financial analyses and must therefore be viewed by the reader as marketing information. JFD prohibits the duplication or publication without explicit approval.

CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 72.57% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with the Company. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money. Please read the full Risk Disclosure.

Copyright 2020 JFD Group Ltd.

I believe that both technical analysis and fundamental analysis have their own benefits. Whenever I am focusing on short-term gains, I use technical analysis and whenever I am focusing on long-term gains, I use fundamental analysis.