Simple 5 EMA High/Low scalping strategy

This system looks interesting and I want to test it. However, does anybody know how to set up these indicators in Oanda’s trading platform? I personally can only add an EMA 5 for the closing price of a candle, but not for candle highs/lows.

I have tried the strategy for 1 day with 80% loss.

Without trying to complicate what appears to be a simple system, would it be a good idea to use Bollinger bands as prices seem to bounce of the highs and lows of BB’s, and this could perhaps re-inforce the trend?

Could you give an example and explanation? Thanks.

I will have to get back to you later, but I am sure there is someone reading this thread that could show you a chart with a BB’s on it. I have not tried it in practice, but BB’s seem to trend generallywithin their boundries, and could compliment this system.

Yeah it’s been a bad day to trade today, made some bad trades aswell. But this is a typical day to not trade as I explained in post #4. It’s been riding the bands almost all day :frowning:

I’ve been working on how to aviod to take those false signals that might accour when the price is riding the bands and I figured that the 3 EMA high & low actually filters away many of those false signals… But the 3 EMAs also filters away some of the winning signals aswell. Hmm… Might be something to look into though! :33:

Anyone have any input on this thought?

1 Like

Interesting system Danny, will test it out

1 Like

I have been testing the MACD with this system. It seems to be a good way to weed out false signals. When you are looking for a red candle, and one appears, check the MACD angle. If it is still at an “up” angle, don’t enter the trade. If the MACD is at a down angle, then enter the trade. I have attached a picture and put red verticle lines on the good trading signals.
The MACD is set to 5,8,1.

The other indicator is a TDI. I used it with a different system and I am not using it now, I just did not take it off of my charts, yet.
Your opinions are welcome. This is ground floor stuff!

[/IMG]

1 Like

You should open a demo account for the MT4 on Oanda. You can then watch the MT4 charts for set ups and set the EMAs to high and low, but still place trades on Oanda’s original platform. That’s what I do.

Thanks Amish, I will try this out! :slight_smile:

Thanks. Let’s try together.

1 Like

I’m not really familiar with MACD but what it appears is that the MACD adjusts on how the candle is moving? I noticed when one candle opened above the 5 EMA High MACD was pointing upwards but when the candle had closed it was pointing way down. Should we wait to enter until it’s pointing down or should we only enter if the MACD is pointing down in the beginning of a candle?

Where did you find the MACD indicator? The original one in MT4 platform? Mine one looks a bit different. What are the values that you set? Thanks.

Yes it seems to be the original one. Values are; FastEMA: 5. SlowEMA: 8 and SignalSMA: 1

Original values are 12,26,9.

Wait until it is pointing down. A lot of price action this morning. Im watching until things settle down a littile bit. Those long wicks shooting everywhere are like lightning looking to strike my SL :frowning:

Oh I miss understood then, thought you meant if he was using a modified MACD :slight_smile:

But if we’re waiting until it’s turning down isn’t there a chance that we miss out on our pips? Or do you even wait until the next candle to open? :slight_smile:

It seems like no chance entering the market, doesn’t it?