Simple 5 EMA High/Low scalping strategy

You could take the trade if you want. You’re using a tight SL anyway. I’m still testing this method, so I am open to tweaks if you see something a different way.

I will be testing and see if can get a hang of it. Thanks for the input! :slight_smile:

Where did you get the MACD with angles please? Looks like an interesting concept that is formulating itself here.

Just the MACD on MT4. Settings are 5–8--1

I just took a trade on usd/chf before the angle officially turned up and scored +9.8 pips. Begginer’s luck so far.:59:

It looks like the major euro news is over. Next up is news for the Cad, so hopefully the rest of the market smoothes out for us a little bit more.

Yeah I hope so! :51:

rough morning overall, had 5 out of 8 trades go sour on me. ugh :confused:

Yeah it’s been really tough today! I’ve only made one trade so far but it ended in +5 profit.

I don’t like 1M & 5M TFs so I am just lurking. I highly recommend MB Trading, a true ECN with mt4 platform available. Just so you know they have an unlimited demo as long as you use it (not sure how many nontrading days can lapse before before they pull the plug.) Also, should you want to go live they have a $400 min. for opening an acct. good luck all. d.

Hi D. Good to see you. I hope all is well. I ran into a mental wall with Big E’s system and wanted to get deeper into scalping. We’ll see what next week brings.

I have run into a mental block on big E as well. I was using MA to scalp all along. I use a 20 ema shifted 3 on a one min, a 5ema or 10 ema both shifted 3 on longer charts. A little diferently traded than this method. when price closes on one side or another I put in a limit order at two pips away from high (buy)or low (sell) depending on which side of the ema price has closed on…seeing much success as there are many 10 to 20+ pip runs every day. I tend to use this on EU as the spread is only 1.5 to .9pips with my broker. made indicators for this method as well. it sounds an alert when potential buy or sell, marks Sl and entry on the chart. If interested I will post them.

Will try this when I have some time over, Thanks.

Could you please explain a little bit further? I don’t really understand. And what is your take profit?

Thanks.

Thanks Lesso for the indi’s. I tried them but didn’t care for all the bell dinging on false signals.
I actually still prefer Danny’s original system with an added MACD. When the MACD crosses the zero line, it really confirms the trade direction. I just need to work on my patience and stop trying to jump the gun by getting in way before a cross, and then getting burned because it doesn’t reach the zero.
I’ll get it. :slight_smile:

Hi Danny,

I am interested the indicators you have talking about and wondered if you would post them up so I could try them please.

Many Thanks

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using BabyPips

Hey!

The indicators are default in MT4, you can find them under “Insert- Indicators- Trend- Moving average” Then just apply it to High and Low, or you could just add the template in the first post :slight_smile:

I’ve been working on another system lately so I havn’t got much time to trade this one so how is it working out for you guys?

Hi Danny,
congratulations for your intuition. I made some changes: instead of EMA , try Smoothed MA with deviation -1 : in this way the system takes more profitable occasions.
I also added the SR Pro indicator that provides ery precise Support and Resistance and the ICC (8) Weighted Close with levels 0 , -120 and +120 : for a Long (for example) expects that CCI falls below -120 and then open Buy when it exceeds the 0 line .
Vice versa for Sell.
The whole system works well as you have created , with your own original
rules, but now you can point to more than 10 pips per trade ! Ok for M5 and EUR / USD.
Attached Indicators & Template .
Enjoy !

I caught 6 and 5.4 on Eur/Usd and 31.4 on Chf/Jpy.

This system works ( with patience )

1 Like

Thanks Flash, havn’t tried it yet, been busy with other stuff but i’ll see if I can get any time over to try it soon!

Nice to hear. Keep it up! :wink:

Edit: Hey Amish, i can’t send PM to you so could you contact me somehow or give me your email, I have something that i would like to discuss with you :slight_smile: