Simple 5 EMA High/Low scalping strategy

sorry to clog up the tread but I am thinking I am on to something tonight

its not perfect you can see the next trade on that chart would not be a winner.

Could you attach the indicator please :slight_smile:

here it is. A regular ATR will give very similar signals. I haven’t got a chance to go over the chart from today to see what I missed at work.

POWER.zip (917 Bytes)

Thanks!

Just so I understand this correct, you enter a trade when the PWR is pointing down? Regardless if it’s buy or sell?

It’s not complicated enough for 'em!

The way I am doing this is. If a candle closes above the the high MA or below the low MA and the pwr for that candle is less then the previous candle I will enter when price starts to move back inside the MAs by a pip. The PWR does not have anything to do with direction it just shows bar range a little smother then ATR. A strong trend still gives some bad signals.

The power of 5 Ema…:slight_smile:

I tried this. Simple and effective. I gained 5 pips my first go. I’ll continue experimenting. Thanks.

my thoughts on this are not to do this when you see a strong trend unless your entries are in the direction of the trend. I have not done much testing of stops or tried to figure out what the win rate might be. I think this is a scalping strat and the TP should be kept small 3 to 10 pips and the RR should be close to 1:1. It looks like the win rate will be high enough that a few trades taken on an upside down RR wont kill you. and getting out at breakeven if price stalls looks like it will be a good thing.

Really?

I think it’s TOO complicated…
:stuck_out_tongue:

No posts for awhile…is anyone still trading this method? Successful?

I am trading it when I catch an opportunity its working ok for me. you have to be careful of the spread sometimes I dont take trades if the price is moving to slow

What be interesting to hear how you are getting on with this system now?

Hi there.

I don’t use this anymore. It did work fairly good if you know when and where to enter. I only trade using Volume and price action nowadays, by understanding how the market is moving has really helped me come a long way. I suggest you check into it! By trying to find a system purely used by indicators wont take you long in trading, the sooner you realise the better :slight_smile:

Danny, hope to learn from you on your new strategy. Im currently learning volume and PA too. HOpe you start a new thread about this. Thanks!

Cool, are you learning from Petefaders thread? :slight_smile:

5 ema still works for me :wink:

Good to hear :slight_smile: do you use the original method?

Ask the next subject to yellow line or white line

I use it as my main pilot … Mainly on POUND YEN pair… Wherever 5 ema goes I follow… U might wanna try using 21 SMA with it … Every time when 5 cross 21 … Try taking 10 pips to backtest… BUT IT HAS GOT TO BE A NICE CROSS… When it cross, it has to form a very nice X like cross … Take the next candle after a complete cross…it works for me :smiley: … As for timeframe… Backtest …u can only be good if u backtest viciously… I recommend u buy this software that I bought to backtest … It’s really awesome ! It’s called forex tester 2 . It helped me a lot in my real time backtesting…try it ! And may the PIPS BE WITH U ! :smiley: Oh btw I only use 5 ema applied to close.