Simple 5 EMA High/Low scalping strategy

Btw… I only use 5 ema applied to close.

What do you use to determine volume in forex? Hope you will start a new thread. I’m very interested in PA+ Volume…

I pretty much use the concept that Petefader is teaching, even though there’s some things I might do different.

It would be fun to start a new thread, but I don’t know… Much of the concepts has already been explained in the “Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader” thread. A lot of usefull information is provided there already.

But feel free to ask questions and we’ll see where it leads :).

Hi Danny,

Gotta say mate, really clever system you’ve got here. I’ve been searching everywhere for a scalping system like this.

Tried it our for the first time today, so far so good…7 trades, 6 in profit, 1 loss. I however have not been using any indicators, just purely looking to see if a candle forms outside the EMA’s.

Just wanted to check, are you no longer using this system? PA is something I’ve been looking at too, but only seems to be effective on the daily charts over the long term, which as a scalper, is no good for me!

Would be great to catch your thoughts.

Cheers

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

No, I don’t use this system anymore. I only focus on Volume and Price action nowadays. A whole new world became available to me when I first started to zoom out the charts to see the bigger picture. And when I first learned how the market really works. It just became clearer and clearer, so I don’t use indicators at all anymore (besides volumes), just a nice clean chart and I love it! :slight_smile:

I mainly focus on the 1 HR chart but always look at the smaller TFs aswell so I would say that PA works great on other TFs.

Thanks for the swift reply!

Price Action clearly seems like the most accurate way to read the markets over the higher time frames.

There’s an Aussie guy called Nial Fuller who is considered the authority on Price Action strategy. I’m going to join his website/members forum and trade Price Action over the daily charts from home and see if I can make a living from it!

Hows your success rate been with your new strategy?

Cheers

Ryan

Danny, one doesn’t often get to hear why strategies are dropped after the author has put time into them. I feel it is more honest of the trading community to do so and would like to hear the [I]negative[/I] reasons why you no longer trade using the High/Low 5 EMA scalping strategy.

I’d recommend you to start learning to trade with volume aswell (VSA). Price action combined with volume is very powerfull.

I’ve been doing great, I have around 80% winrate. Which in my opinion is very good. We all know by now that a strategy with 100% winrate don’t exist, don’t we? :slight_smile:

I’ve always wanted to trade “on my own”, knowing when to enter the market by just looking at the charts, not when a indicator tells me to buy or sell. That isn’t real trading in my opinion. So I found what I was looking for, that’s why I don’t use this strategy anymore :slight_smile:

I agree. We wanted to learn your own version. I have read Pete’s thread and other VSA thread in FF but seems very confusing. Hope you can simplify them in your own thread. Thanks!

I also have some friends who are VSA enthusiasts, but agree with Mario that I’ve yet to find a clear, simple, detailed breakdown of VSA that would provide any kind of blueprint for trading with it. Every thread here or on FF is either too vague or too general (or too massive) to read and understand trading with volume and price action.

I do agree that all the VSA threads are too massive, even though Pete is doing a tremendous work helping everybody here at Babypips! It’s thanks to him that I learned to trade VSA.

I made a pretty short and simple PDF-book a while ago about VSA, it’s only about the basic understanding of the markets etc. Maybe that could help you guys understand it better. Let’s take it from there.

For those who want it, feel free to PM me and I’ll send it as fast as possible.

DannyK Thank you so much for your effort! I sent you PM.

No problem! :slight_smile:

hy danny,
how much pips you make on a week?

steve

Hi Steve,

I really don’t bother about pips, only about percentage. I mean 10 pips can be as much increase to an account as 100 pips can be. So pips is really irrelevant.

DannyK, the pdf was so simple. I like it. I hope you can open your own thread and post our chart analysis based on your VSA. Im sure many of us will subscribe.Thanks!

Hi Danny,

Can I ask for a copy of your pdt book too? I’ll send u a PM.

Many thks in advance!

Hey,

I couldn’t send a PM to you so I used the “Send Email” link. Tell me if you got it :).

I’m glad you liked it. We’ll see about that. It would be fun though! :slight_smile: