Simple 5 EMA High/Low scalping strategy

You’re welcome, I’m glad you liked it.

You’re also welcome to join my new thread about VSA, It’ll be up in a bit! :slight_smile:

The new thread is up :slight_smile: 301 Moved Permanently

First off your backtest is a bit off. You have far to many mismatched chart errors, so your test could be far better or i guess even a little worse.

Hi Danny can you send me your PDF for simple 5 EMA? can’t open the attachedment

Hi Danny !

I can see you started this thread back in 2011 and here we are almost at the end of 2012. What are your results in terms of pips and dollar profits ?

Hi,

I have to say, I turned the original concept into a EA and have been testing it out and so far, 86% profitability.

Just thought I would contribute :slight_smile:

Inpuov.

Any chance you’d share the EA?

Hi Mbro777,

Honeslty, No. Its glitchy and no great sorry.

BUT!

Do yourself a favour, Read Danny’s VSA, Supply/Demand thread also visit this:

< Ok so cant post a link here, msg me and I’ll send the link to you, You need to read this>

I read his quick first ebook and Danny’s. I made some test trades, different TF’s, Different directions on the same pair, So far all but 1 has made profit.

Supply and Demand.

Go, Read, Learn and Make money :slight_smile:

Inpuov.

lol, definitely, too hard to understand :wink: punish the author.

Hi Danny just wondered do you still trade this strategy? It does look interesting.

If you are still trading it are you still using the original rules or have they changed ?

Does anyone who uses this strategy tell us if it still works, and how profitable it is? :slight_smile:

Awesome, this is actually super accurate. i would just like to add that it works better if you add an RSI2 in there as well. when the price breaks out of the ema bands, look at the rsi. if the rsi is greater than 91, or less than 9, then enter the trade. otherwise , ignore. i tried this out for a couple of days so far it it’s working very well. i wouldn’t go with the RSI3 as less trading opportunities missed out.

I can’t wait to give this a run. How many pips are you averaging per trade? Just curious.

Well, I’m currently using Danny K’s EMA settings plus my RSI-2 indicator. trading based on what i wrote, i am currently using a 1 pip take profit by default as my spread is 3 pips so moving 4 ticks in my direction on a 5 minute chart seems good enough for me (don’t want to get too greedy and lose those pips!), so right now i can get about 10-15 one pip profitable trades before hitting a loss of about 3-4 points. the great thing about the RSI is that if the current RSI does not reverse, then i can close the trade right away and re-enter another trade, but double the lots. for example, if the price crosses below the 5 ema and the rsi is under 9, let’s say it is at 8.5 right now. i would double my buy order if the price falls again and the rsi falls again to maybe 8 or 7.5. when this happens, i will just keep going. however, this doesn’t always work because there are times when the price will just keep falling before a slight pull back. this generally works when the market isn’t trending too much. i would probably add an adx just to be safe. if a strong trend forms, it can be risky to scalp using this strategy, but if there is no trend or a very moderate trend, this strategy works very nicely.

thanks Danny K!

It would be better if you post some charts. Thanks!

I’d be interested as well. After perusing the threads, it seems as if the author found something better??

He saw the light!!!

Thanks for your tip. Yes its really works even with 10pips SL and 10pips TP. You can trade as many as you can as long as RSI reach the OB or OS area.

Hi Danny K
Thanks for providing us the great system …
i have question

can you please tell me which is the best time to trade with this system ???

Thank you once again !!!

Hello, this is truly an interesting thread. I am working on it and should have something for you soon. In the meantime I do like jhehe’s thoughts on filtering via RSI (2). I have an indi that will color the bars that meet that criteria. It’s called RSI Chart bars, I have tried to upload it here, but babypips says it’s an invalid file. You can either search FF for it, or pm me and I will send it to you.

It still isn’t good enough for me, but I am getting close. Just enter the RSI of 2, overbought of 91 and oversold as 9. You can color the bars any color you like. Here is a screen shot to see if it will work for you.