Simple & almost naked. The dream date or the dream system?

Hi Dinesh,

I have modified your EA to add two things:

1. Time start and stop. You can edit as per your server timings.
  2. A function Use Auto Stop Loss: If set to true this will use the last confirmed dot as SL. If set false it will use the Default_SL value as SL.

I am attaching the modified EA herewith. Please go through and see if it is ok. I am an amateur programme with limited skills. but i think that this strategy is worth an EA.

Dear Sandybeach et al,
Please backtest the EA and post results. Using it on 5 minutes TF takes a lot of time to test. An idea might be that once everyone is happy with the EA format we take an year each and test/post results. then we optimize the SL/TP formats based on best results.

All the best
CCTrendline_Trader.zip (4.42 KB)

Criss - Yes we need trade timing but sometimes there are good setups mainly in JPY pairs during Asian timings. I already have a prototypr for it, will add this functionality as well
Regarding Stoploss - putting a hardcode SL may evoparate many small-small profits. I have an idea - set trade to breakeven if 3 bars just after trade-opening are in profit. Let me test this out as wellā€¦

I agree Dinesh. I am also now adding a BE and Trailing Stop function into it.
Do post your new version of the EA when done.

Thanks Dineshydv and [B]crisscross1983[/B] iā€™ll wait for the EA your currently working on as per the above with the trailing stop and then start testing it, unless you want to hold off adding more to it for the time being ?

Also very minor thing, when uploading the EA, could you start using a version number like TrendTrader_v01 etc, just so when you update the EA we all know if we are using the latest one, very useful if were out for a few days, so we know by a glance if were using the latest EA or not.

Cheers

Also did you look into adding the Fibs into the EA as per the rules mentioned before ?

Hi guyz, Thankyou all of you for your hard work and efforts you people are putting in to come up with such wonderful strategyā€¦ I am a compleat newbee n still reading on page 86 of this thread njust tried my first trade to my surprise i made some pipsā€¦

Went short exited making 9 pipsā€¦ wish u guyz a great day

Does anybody has source code for swing_ZZ indicator.?? I see its mostly like zig-zag indicator only. Has any one tried comparing these two.?? Since zig-zag is freely available with MT4, i prefer to use zig-zag instead of swing-ZZ.
let me create a trendline indicator using zig-zag and run a comparision. Will post it hereā€¦

Hi Dineshydv, I do have the source for swing_ZZ - it was part of one of the attachments somewhere on this thread.

I did have a look at these indicators and basically swing_ZZ looks for three (or whatever minbars is set to) ascending bars and then looks for three descending bars and the swing high is the highest point between this. Opposite for swing low.

The zig-zag indicator looks for a percentage rise in price and then a percentage drop in price and then put the swing high between this.

Can same one add traling stop to this ea ?

Thanks !Daybreak_v1.2.zip (22.5 KB)

Please start a new thread for this EA, also you need to include the source code for it ti be edited.

Guys,
Apologies for the delay, got occupied in other worksā€¦
Here is the modified one which has below changes:

1. Added trade time setting. StartHour & EndHour are your brokerā€™s server timings.
  2. Added SAR for initial & trailing stoploss. Configurable via parameters (bool Use_SAR), (SAR_step, SAR_max).
  3. Last confirmed trendline stop Ā±delta pips , configurable with param: (bool Use_Trendline_SL & SL_TrendLine_Delta_pips)
  4. Default Takeprofit.
    NOTE: EA will not work if using both Use_Trendline_SL && Use_SAR. (one of them should be false). If using Use_Trendline_SL then, its must to set default_TP.

I am still testing it. Could you guys test it out and reply back for any modificationsā€¦
ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.2.zip (5.11 KB)

Awesome work, out of interest what settings are you testing so we can ensure were not using the same settings as you (just to ensure we test the EA in as many different scenarioā€™s as possible).

Out of interest how do you find the EA with the SAR compared to the Trendline and are you still trading the EA on the 5min chart?

Last one promise, did you include the Fibs in this EA (i think you did, my apologies if i missed that one)?

I did notice one thing, very minor, but some people might want this a true/false for trading sundays?

Im going to let your EA trade 24/7 at the moment on GBPUSD with default settings.

Will let you know.

Hi sandy, how you doingā€¦
No, I havent added fibo. I need to go back to forum posts and read again to understand it. Will do it now.
Basically I am testing the SAR trail SL on 5min & 15min charts. I am of thought that 5min goes too quick and has a lotsa fake-breakout. But will compare results first. So far EURUSD 15min for July-12 is breakeven with meager profit.
This is what I plan to add now - breakeven trade after certain pips in profit + trailing stop of certain pips. Will add Sunday condition as wellā€¦

If you could test it out with different SL/TP setting, adding other indicators(MACD, stoch, RSI etc) and update what gives optimal resultsā€¦thanksā€¦

Im good thanks, been busy hence not alot of time for trading :frowning: work here in London has been mad with the Olympics. But thats over with now :slight_smile: until the Paralympics starts in a few weeks.

Ok iā€™ll go with the trend for exiting on EURUSD 5min, prob best if were all testing on EURUSD so our results are easier to analyse.

To be fair i donā€™t think we need lots of different indicators, maybe an additional one to confirm direction would be useful but everyone here has proven that by far the fibs has been the most useful indicator to eliminate fake outs. I think combining this with limiting the trading hours to the core London hours and the 5min chart will look quite good for trading.

With regards to a directional indicator which I have used as an indicator to determine which direction to trade in here is a suggestion as seen below:

It is called ā€œDT-Zig-Zag Lauer Seperateā€ as this one is cleaner to look at as the original puts the red and blue dots above and below the candles which can make it difficult to read if there is alot of movement.

I have found it useful to tell me the direction of trade, the current candle fluctuates so only closed candles are useful. Now the indicator does repaint, but i only find it useful upto and including the 1 hour chart.

The higher the timeframe the less chance of repainting, donā€™t use it on anything less than 5 mins. Even on the 5 min chart it is useful to tell me what direction the trend is going, so it might be useful as an additional indicator just to tell us "only trade in this direction (red for sell, blue for buy) and then all the normal rules in the EA to execute and close a trade.

I would not say include it in your EA at present but it is something just to keep an eye on while were testing this EA to see if it keeps us out of fakeouts.

You can download it here:

DT-ZigZag-Lauer Separate Window

hi dineshydv, you did a nice job, the 1st ea was too rude this new version is an other world.
here a pair of backtests using the last 3 month data and the fastest metod (same results using the tick by tick metod).

ZZ3
gbpusd 5min (2,4 spread):

(psar sl, trading between 10 and 13 GMT, 20 pips tp)

eurusd same settings (1,5 spread)

every single pair need his own settings, however, i think that gbpusd with a tp between 10 and 20 pips could be the best way to go.

this days im on holidays far away from home, trading on a laptop, as soon as i will return to my computer i will test it with 90% modeling quality and 2 years data, and i will post the resultsā€¦

PD:After reading carefully the backtest stadistics i agree with sandybeach:
Long trades : 40% wins
short trades:67.83% wins

a main trend indicator could be a great help to reduce the fakeouts.

GBPUSD is good but 2yrs test will show the real potential. Will wait for your testing. In the mean time, let me try to add fibo and trend-direction.
But just a quick thing - what you guys say if we use zig-zag instead of swing_ZZ.?? Both looks same but zig-zag is widely used and proven. what you say.??

Interesting never thought about using the zig-zag instead of swing_zz.

They do look like they are doing the same thing. If its not too much trouble, might be an idea to include both so we can have something like this:

Trading style=??

1=swing_zz
2=zig-zag

?? = is the number i.e. ā€œTrading Style=2ā€

Only reason i say this is so we can run the EA under both circumstances and we can run the EA with swing_zz while were manually trading to ensure it does what we do manually?

Im not doubting zig_zag, i canā€™t notice a huge difference between them, unless you have spotted something i have missed?

Also out of interest what were you adding for the trade direction?

Thanks

Here is a bit more food for thought, remember i mentioned the DT-Zig Zag Lauer seperate indicator?

Well if we took the trades below that corrosponded, so when lauer is red, we only take sells, lauer is blue only buys would of been interesting in todays EURUSD, would of got us some pips.

But i am thinking, as Dineshydv pointed out, maybe we should trade this on the 15min chat and aim for 20 pips per trade, rather than on the 5min charts, should help eliminate more fake outs and let us take a nice 20 or so pips per trade?

Also in my testing i have found that if the spread for initating a trade is over 4 pips there are more losers than winners, so maybe a max spread of 4 might help limit fakeouts and limit trading when the market goes haywire and spikes the spread real high from major news releases.

Also Paw3000 when you do your testing could you test the same settings on the 15min chart, would be interesting to see.

Thanks

Will add max-spread feature. I have tested it on few more pairs and one thing I noted is that after opening, trade does goes in profit for few pips before going against. So I have below plan for locking profits:
if profit reaches 10 then lockin 2 pips
if profit=15 then lockin=5
if profit=20 then lockin=8
if profit=30 then lockin=15
if profit=40 then lockin=20
if profit=60 then lockin=40
etcā€¦
I want to give enough room to profits to increase so not going too much aggresive on lockin pips. Do you guys think its worth implementing.??

I do like this idea, it might help to reduce losses but also allow us to get more profit on the larger movements which should counter-balance any losses we get. I do think this is a good way forward.

I would recommend having this as a true/false item so that when we test those who prefer to use a standard TP and SL can do so and others can test using this new lock in system.

Great work, canā€™t wait to see the finished article :slight_smile:

Also did you make a decision on what indicator to use for the trend direction ?

Cheers

First, will use ā€œDT-ZigZag-Lauer Separate Windowā€ the one you said. What you say if i code like: trade on lower TF(M5/M15) and trend-direction on higher TF (H1/H4).??
BTW what was your initial thought.?? to have ZigZag-Lauer on same TF or different one.??