Simple & almost naked. The dream date or the dream system?

Spot on, the thing with the Lauer indicator is that it can repaint, so on the lower timeframes it can be unreliable for the trend direction as it changes, but i have been watching it every hour for the last week on the hourly chart and taking houlry screenshots, now it does sometimes repaint on the higher timeframe of 1H but i find it reliable enough for trend direction.

Its not 100%, but then if something was 100% we could just trade that one indicator and we would be millionaires :slight_smile:

But yes, use the “DT-ZigZag-Lauer Separate Window” on the 1 Hour chart for trade direction and then we will most likely be trading on the 5M or 15Min chart.

I have been looking back at your last EA and i think this could work well.

I think really though were have to let the EA run forward testing to see how well it does, but i think as long as we can keep things simple your new EA could work well.

Plus like Paw3000 said before, we might need to come up with some slightly different settings for trading different pairs.

Just an idea, don’t implement this as of yet, but if we can get this EA working nicely, maybe it could be amended to trade multiple pairs with different settings so if one pair becomes a looser then other pairs would be winners making up for the loss.

Just a future thought, but only a thought at the moment, lets just keep it simple and get it working on one pair first :slight_smile:

Nice work though :slight_smile:

Hi Dineshydv remember i mentioned the Lauer indicator? Here are two screenshots from today using your latest EA on GBPUSD and EURUSD.

Well it would of helped us with some trades, now its not a perfect indicator, but maybe combined with the other indicators it would help to eliminate fakeouts / losses.

Has anyone else experimented with this indicator ?

Hello there.

First of all congratulations for this great, promising and simple system. Minimalism is the key I think.

I was wondering if it could be possible to attach a .zip file with all the updated or new indicators/templates that are currently used. I tried to read and follow everything here, but I’m kinda lost.

I’m looking forward to it.

Thank you in advance,
Akis

Can I echo this post? I have followed this thread at times but I am currently lost as this good system has been tweaked a bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks TJ

All the indicators needed are on the first post of this thread with everything you need plus instructions. The last couple of pages we have been discussing the construction of an EA for this process, but since the EA is not finished it would be hardly fair to add that to the primary post.

This strategy is nice and simply and can be easily customised to your own style with your own indicators if you so do wish.

HI,
i have posted this 4 pages back, take a look.

there are 3 versions:

-1st blizard v. (Read the first post)

-2n blizard v. were there are 2 additions made by blizard:
horizontal breaks: (sell examples) when a bar closes below the lower dot: sell
sell after a bearish candle pattern on the 61.8 or the 78.6 fibo. You should draw the fibo retracement using the last 2 confirmed dots. Tp: using the next fibo strong resistance, on the 161.8 lvl or going for a fixed number, like 5 or 10 pips. sl on the previous dot, or using psar value. (i’m not sure about what kind of sl was using blizard.)

-the last v. created by goodpunk and I. On this one we are trying to add a filter to the 2n blizard v. using divergences on rvi, as a confirmation that the trendline will be broken, the stochastic to avoid selling on oversold or buying on overbought markets, and the cloud and a main direction indicator (ZigZag-Lauer, coral, atrchannel, MAs) to filter the retracements arround the 61.8 lvls.

If you are new to fx market, start with the 1st v. wich is the simplest one.

thats the turning point. If you feel comfortable trading it on your chosen tf and you are also able to master this strategy trading only the perfect setups on 1 or 2 pairs (max 3 or 4 trades/day) you can be truly profitable, trading one of this 3 given versions, or your own one.

blizardgpv3.zip (13.9 KB) the one im using now (with MAs + ZigZag-Lauer)
reaching 4%/month I know that by now i’m not going to become millionaire, but its a good way to start.

discipline is the key.

Hey Paw3000 i am curious how are you finding using the Lauer indicator is it helping using it as the trading direction?

fellas, its going busy work schedule for me. Will definitely add the Lauer trend indicator by this weekend… Plz beer[sic] till then… :slight_smile:

Hey Dineshydv take your time, we really appreciate all the work you have put into the EA, just take your time on it, no rush :slight_smile:

Also did you include the Fib rules for the EA to trade by ?

Just relax and don’t rush it, none of us are going anywhere :slight_smile:

Have a great weekend.

what is the stop loss using this strategy? I could explain it better?

eurusd morning setups (pullbacks)

blue zones=key lvls; between the 61.8 and 79 fibo lvls, wich coincide with a previous supp/res lvls.
vertical lines+yellow zones=entries
numbers=exits
pink trendlines=divergences

In order to watch a general view and minimize the repaint I change to the 1 hour tf, ignoring the last 2 bars. looking only on higher tf and refreshing every 2 or 3 bars , in order to see what is really happening. Then i take the trades on this direction when the M.As are on the same direction. If Ma’s are showing a diferent trend direction i take the trade following the MA’s with a tight tp and tight sl.
today example; this is what was showing the Lauer zz after a chart refresh:

without refreshing,this is what we would have seen on real time.

thats why i use the higher tf, despite the fact that both are giving nearly the same signals.

hi cderfv,
thats up to you, the sl can be placed between 10 and 15 pips away or on the previous dot. Just try to have a rr ratio of 2:1 or better.

waiting for the last version of this revolutionary ea, :wink:

have a good weekend!

Very interesting, i did not consider using both the MA and Lauer.

Would you mind posting the MA settings you are using. To be honest i have had little time to trade in the last few weeks which is why i have little evidence (unlike you Paw3000), do you find that using the MA and Lauer indicator for trend direction is more reliable than just Lauer?

I did find using Lauer on less than 1 Hour to repaint too much, but the 1 Hour seems to be stablish. If you feel this is very reliable maybe we could turn your trend indicators into a true blue for buy and red for sell indicator which would look like the Lauer indicator?

That would make trading manually easy and allow us to test it alongside the EA or do you think using this new method of trend direction should be built directly into the EA ?

PS, also looking forward to the new version of this EA. The more i think about it, the more i think we can make it work since its not really doing anything too different from manual trading :slight_smile:

Have a great weekend everyone.

Just to clarify Dineshydv, i know this is more work if you are willing, but i think we should turn Paw3000’s MA + Lauer trend indicator into an actual MT4 indicator before including it directly in your EA.

My reason for this is so we can test this trend indicator when trading manually by alot of members very easily to get feedback but also it may be harder to test it when it is included in the EA, as so far we have tested all the elements separately and they have built up over time to form the currently strategy like the horizontal trend like and Fibs.

Also as we all know sometimes when coded the indicator does not do what it should do, so it should allow us to perfect it and tweak it based on our observations. Im not doubting your skill as you are very skilled, but if you did a typo it would be easier for us to identify in a separate indicator and once that was perfected, we could add it to the EA safely knowing that it does what we want it to do. So then if the EA does weird stuff like not trading according to Fibs it should make it much easier to track down where the EA is going wrong and correct it.

What do you guys think?

im using a 25, 18,17,16,15,14,13 and 12 Smoothed moving averages (previous page template) to trade pullbacks, however on breakouts i have been backtesting it and doesnt seems to work as it should do, because in order to have a trendline breakout on the direction of the main trend first we need a small trend on the oposite direction, and the ma’s react to this small trend,so they use to be on the other side when we have a break. Maybe with a faster or slowly ma’s we could get it.
something like the 25 and 18 linear weighted, seems to work better combined with the lauer indicator.
when the 17 is above the 25=uptrend, below=downtrend, (just and example, have to backtest it and find the best settings)
They are specially helpful when a trend is changing and lauer is still giving the old trend direction.

i think that Dineshydv could put on the ea 2 true/false options, 1 for the Lauer and other for the Ma’s, so we can try using both together, only the lauer or only the ma’s, if we could put the type and the Ma settings , as he did with psar, it could be nice and can give there so many backtest options until we could find the best one.

what i really like from this strategy is that the main entry signal is more a price action signal than a simple indicator signal, wich means that a good ea based on this could work for a several years, and be able to resist the new market changes.

Dineshydv,

take your time; you can take a year if you want, I’m in no hurry to become rich…:slight_smile:

I agree with you on this one, i would like to have one trading strategy and be able to trade it and only it all my life. Well one can hope :slight_smile:

With the moving averages i agree with you on that for the EA and it would allow us to all play about with different settings and share the results.

Maybe if the EA used how your trading for pullbacks only? that would make the EA more successful surely ? (if your certain it works well for pullbacks ?)

This might be a nice addition to the EA, and it might make things work better so rather than us applying one shoe fits all, we have two trading styles in the EA, one for the break (as we are currently trading) and your one for the pullbacks ?

Also what about if you used just your MA’s instead of Lauer, how does your trading perform then, better or worse ?

Thanks Paw3000

I can assure it works, or atleast that it has been working for a month^^
maybe there is something more human in this than on the breakout strategy.
It will be a new ea, as the rules would change, so we would have 2 eas in one.
the rules should be:

trade when a candle closes above/below the cloud after:

• a bounce between the 61 and 89 fibo zones, wich are drawn using the last 2 dots.
    -there is a clear divergence on the rvi and the stochastic is not overbough
    -trading on the same direction than the lauer indicator
    -trading when the faster Ma is above the slower Ma (up trend), reverse for a downtrend.
    the biggest problem there would be the divergences on the rvi, and the fibos, because I think that both are dificult to code.

I like this indicator, it gives a general view, so i feel better when i take the trade in the same direction, however it can be like the stochastic, they can be avoided, and the results will not change significally. what i mean? i think that is like buying a car with a powerful engine (fibonacci,) comfortable seat (cloud), robust chassis (ma’s) good tires (rvi), and at this point the lauer would be the radio, and the stochastic the heater… so they makes the trading descisions more comfortable and probably help increasing the profit, but they are not indispensable.

Have added DT-Zigzag indicator to the below attached EA. But results are not good with this addition as well. I tested on EURUSD July-12 15mins stoploss by SAR. Could you guys test it out and reply.??
ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.1_DT_ZZ.zip (5.14 KB)

Also I doubt that DT-zigzag indicator re-paints. Does anyone has its code.?? I want to see why it repaints and if any modifications to remove repaint can be done.

Will try to add MA as paw suggested in next version… Sorry for late reply guys…

Heya this is the code for the indicator i have been using. It does repaint if you refresh but it is useful, but i do agree with Paw3000, i think maybe we should code the EA different as per Paw3000’s instructions.

No worries about the late reply Dineshydv, take your time :slight_smile:

//±-----------------------------------------------------------------+
//| DT-ZigZag-Lauer.mq4 |
#property copyright “Copyright © 2005, klot”
#property link "[email protected]"

#property indicator_separate_window
#property indicator_maximum -1
#property indicator_minimum -1
#property indicator_buffers 2
#property indicator_color1 Blue
#property indicator_color2 Red
//---- input parameters
extern int depth=5;
extern int GrossPeriod=240;
//---- buffers
double ExtMapBuffer1[];
double ExtMapBuffer2[];
datetime daytimes[];
//| Custom indicator initialization function |
int init()
{
//---- indicators
SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_ARROW, EMPTY, 3);
SetIndexArrow(0,159);
SetIndexBuffer(0,ExtMapBuffer1);
SetIndexEmptyValue(0,0.0);
SetIndexStyle(1,DRAW_ARROW, EMPTY, 3);
SetIndexArrow(1,159);
SetIndexBuffer(1,ExtMapBuffer2);
SetIndexEmptyValue(1,0.0);
//----
//----
if (Period()>GrossPeriod) { Alert("DT-ZigZag: Òåêóùèé òàéìôðåéì äîëæåí áûòü ìåíüøå ÷åì ", GrossPeriod); return(0); }
// Âñå Time[] ñåðèè âðåìåíè îòñîðòèðîâàíî â íàïðàâëåíèè óáûâàíèÿ
ArrayCopySeries(daytimes,MODE_TIME,Symbol(),GrossPeriod);
return(0);
}
//| Custor indicator deinitialization function |
int deinit()
{
//----

//----
return(0);
}
//| Custom indicator iteration function |
int start()
{
int counted_bars=IndicatorCounted();
int limit=300,bigshift;
double zigzag1;
if (counted_bars<0) return(-1);

if (counted_bars>0) counted_bars–;

limit=Bars-counted_bars;
//----
for (int i=0; i<limit; i++)
{
if(Time[i]>=daytimes[0]) bigshift=0;
else
{
bigshift = ArrayBsearch(daytimes,Time[i-1],WHOLE_ARRAY,0,MODE_DESCEND);
if(Period()<=GrossPeriod) bigshift++;
}
for (int cnt=bigshift; cnt<(100+bigshift); cnt++)
{
zigzag1=iCustom(NULL,GrossPeriod,“ZigZag”,depth,5,3,0,cnt+1);
if ( zigzag1!=0 ) break;
}

if ( iClose(NULL,0,i+1)<=zigzag1 ) ExtMapBuffer2[i]=zigzag1/Bid-(zigzag1/Bid+1); else ExtMapBuffer2[i]=0.0;
if ( iClose(NULL,0,i+1)>=zigzag1 ) ExtMapBuffer1[i]=zigzag1/Bid-(zigzag1/Bid+1); else ExtMapBuffer1[i]=0.0;
ObjectsRedraw();
}
// Comment("zigzag1 = ",zigzag1);
//----
return(0);
}

Heya did you add the Fib rules to the EA yet ?

Thanks

Paw3000 just to clarify are you using the above rules for just the pullbacks?

Also is it possible for you to give us some numbers for the Divergence on the RVI and Stochastic to make it easier for Dineshydv to code?

Thanks