Simple & almost naked. The dream date or the dream system?

Neomatic and Paw3000 this is a question for you both, if you look at each others settings for this EA, from your backtesting is there a general set which works best for all pairs?

While Dinesh is working on the EA what would be useful is to establish the best settings we should be using for this EA, but more importantly the settings that we all can agree on. You both look like you got successful results from your own testing of the settings. Im just wondering if you both could examine each other settings, maybe we can get better settings from what you both have got so far ?

That is unless one set it better than the other ?

What are the back testing results with both sets of settings (Paw3000ā€™s and Neomaticā€™s) ?

Any thoughts guys on what the best settings should be ? Both sets are impressive :slight_smile:

The 0700-2300 are best average on output so far that I ran the tests. Iā€™m in Thailand GMT+7.

So if the EA can enter on Lauer setting. I think we are okay. Since I ran the test from 2010 till August 2012. It made quite a profit if not calculate from the trade that enter opposite from Lauer. Should make around 30-50+ pips average on M5.

Iā€™m working only on EURUSD so far. Perhaps EURJPY later. The hard part was the MA settings for overall market conditions. Iā€™ve been using Paw3000ā€™s SAR setting. It seems to have the trade live longer and more profit. So on any losing trade. It doesnā€™t effect the equity much. Trying to keep the lost to minimum.

Important part was the trend. If EA can have the correct trend to trade.

Why MT4 doesnā€™t have a no brainer backtesting on 90% model. Haha.

Sorry to be a pain when you say 0700 - 2300 are these the settings based on GMT or GMT+7 ? Just trying to get an idea of what you have?

Could you do me a favour please, when you have finished testing could you post your settings, it will be interesting to see what Paw3000ā€™s input is on this.

With this strategy i have only been trading with GBPUSD and EURUSD as they have the most movement, but that profit margin per trade is definitely nice. Im sure our awesome developer will sort these issues out :slight_smile:

Awesome was hoping you had done something like that :slight_smile: (by using Paw3000ā€™s settings)

Itā€™s on GMT. Iā€™ll have the post up tomorrow and share with the settings. Itā€™s 0450 now here. My brain stop working since 2200. :24:

No problem thanks for the input at least were getting closer to success with the EA, goodnight sleep well

How do I put it on my charts?

I did save the links. I tried putting it under ā€œcustom indicatorsā€ of my 4XP brokerā€¦ But as soon as I try to upload it to my chart, the broker says its an invalid indicator

thanks

Dear all,

Please help test this trend indy. If it can replace Lauer.

xSuperTrend MTF.zip (1.97 KB)

You can play with the settings.

That is a good indicator it could work and I donā€™t think it repaints if memory serves me right has it improved your trading compared to using Lauer?

I tried using this indicator on one of my earlier strategies but the MT4 platform stopped responding. So I used an alternative called ā€œKolier SuperTrendā€ which is similar and does a fair job of spotting trends. Itā€™s good on the 15 minutes TF.

Iā€™m not sure how much difference there would be in profits, but there are a lot less overlapping trades. Someone said the the higher the minbars setting the higher the resistance level, so I figured if higher resistance is used to choose trades the result would be a higher success rate. Here is a pic of both on the same chart, you be the judge. The top is 4 and the bottom is 5.

What, about using that signal from the 1h chart for trend direction?

If you mean the Kolier Supertrend then yes, it can be used on 1hr and above but I havenā€™t tested it extensively. So far, Iā€™ve been using it on the 15 minutes and Daily TF with acceptable results. It seems to scale itself well.

Yes I did mean that indicator. If itā€™s better than Layer and gives better results then we should drop Lauer for it

Hi,

Could you please attach the indicator so I can test? I google and itā€™s too many versions on internet.

Dear all,

While waiting for Dinesh to update the EA I was took a short course on MQL. Iā€™ve update the EA to use SuperTrend for trend direction. Now it doesnā€™t trade in opposite direction anymore. Need help from you guys to adjust the SuperTrend settings. Or any other trend indicator you might want to replace the SuperTrend.

Iā€™ve tried program the xSuperTrend into the EA but some how the signal did not came. Will figure out the way soon.

Enjoy.

ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.4.zip (10.2 KB)

Sry for this large post i have no time since im working, trading and ending an engineer degreeā€¦

Hi jaws, Thats a very similar system i have been using for a long time, with fractals, and then i passed to zz1(same trades than using the zz5 on m1) and then zz2, because i have been taking too much stress on my trading, you need a really strong mentality to trade this kind of systems on a big account. Just 1 thing to keep in mind, there are really good days for this type of strategy, days when you can easyly reach 30-50-100 pips if you are using more than 1 pair, but then there are days when you can take 30 trades and 29 will be loses. What my experience tells is to put a max loss/day and when you reach this max loss, stop trading or lower your lots until you get a pair of wins, and then return to the initial lot size.

double click on the trendline-right clic-trend line properties-parameters- uncheck the option ā€œrayā€

hope you will keep posting setups and results trading manually using the zz5!

Well, we finally have another backtester here! iā€™m sure that between the 2 we can find some interesting setups. Just a question, have you realised that sometimes using specific setups the ea opens many consecutive trades? or is this just a backtesting issue? I have backtested using diferent computers, diferent setting, data and mt4 broker, and found this so many timesā€¦ it is really annoying.

i hope dinesh will add a true/false option for horizontal line and trendline breaksā€¦

Wow, thanks for this this new version, will try the supertrend and mas together, it looks amazing.

I will use 5 min settings multiplicate x5 on the 1min chart, where the sl can be tighter and easyly adapted, in order to pass the bad periods with low losses and get a more constant backtests.

Have all a great and profitable week!

Hi paw3000,

Yes, It did open a lot of positions sometimes. Something like 20+ position at the same price area. Hope itā€™s just a backtesting issue.

May be next version might need a Brake Even SL after some pips just to be safe.

What, about the issue with the EA painting the arrows km the charts but not entering trades, is this fixed yet?

Do you think you might be able to make other changes to the EA and did other bugs?

Thanks for the updated EA neomatic! !

Is thereā€™s any error from Log? I didnā€™t see the problem with arrows and no trade so far.