Simple & almost naked. The dream date or the dream system?

Dear all, Today I still got a problem with Allow Live Trading First after re-attach the EA.

14:25:06 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 GBPUSD,M5: BUY: Trendline corssed UP. hline: 1.6112 Opn_Prv1: 1.6109 Prv_Cls: 1.6114
14:28:07 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 EURJPY,M1: SELL: Horiz line corssed DN. lzline: 100.375 Opn_Prv1: 100.379 Prv_Cls: 100.372
15:06:06 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 EURJPY,M1: SELL: Horiz line corssed DN. lzline: 100.232 Opn_Prv1: 100.241 Prv_Cls: 100.224
15:06:06 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 EURJPY,M1: Got a SELL Signal
15:06:06 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 EURJPY,M1: SELL stoploss is: 100.547
15:06:06 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 EURJPY,M1: Placing SELL at: 100.226 SL: 100.547 TP: 100.076
15:06:06 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 EURUSD,M5: Allow Live Trading First.
15:06:06 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 GBPUSD,M5: Allow Live Trading First.
15:06:07 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 GBPUSD,M5: Allow Live Trading First.
15:06:07 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 EURUSD,M5: Allow Live Trading First.
15:06:07 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 GBPUSD,M5: Allow Live Trading First.
15:06:08 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 EURUSD,M5: Allow Live Trading First.
15:06:09 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 EURUSD,M5: Allow Live Trading First.
15:06:09 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 GBPUSD,M5: Allow Live Trading First.
15:06:09 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 GBPUSD,M5: Allow Live Trading First.
15:06:09 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 EURUSD,M5: Allow Live Trading First.
15:06:09 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 EURJPY,M1: open #16191461 sell 0.40 EURJPY at 100.226 sl: 100.547 tp: 100.076 ok

As you can see. The expert show that it enter sell order on EURJPY but did not enter EURUSD, GBPUSD. All 3 chart got Allow Live trading checkbox on.

Also, Iā€™ve tried Ixbone. I think it work much better on higher TF because on M5 it doesnā€™t help much.

Iā€™ve discovered that when I use my custom buy/sell script to enter the position. The ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 will show Allow Live Trading First.

15:43:33 aselltp10 EURJPY,M1: loaded successfully
15:43:33 aselltp10 EURJPY,M1 inputs: Lots=0.2; stoploss=250; takeprofit=200; 
15:43:34 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 EURJPY,M1: Allow Live Trading First.
15:43:34 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 EURUSD,M5: Allow Live Trading First.
15:43:35 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 EURJPY,M1: Allow Live Trading First.
15:43:35 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 GBPUSD,M5: Allow Live Trading First.
15:43:35 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 EURUSD,M5: Allow Live Trading First.
15:43:36 aselltp10 EURJPY,M1: open #16195733 sell 0.20 EURJPY at 100.344 sl: 100.613 tp: 100.163 ok
15:43:36 aselltp10 EURJPY,M1: uninit reason 0
15:43:36 aselltp10 EURJPY,M1: removed
15:44:39 aselltp10 EURUSD,M5: loaded successfully
15:44:39 aselltp10 EURUSD,M5 inputs: Lots=0.2; stoploss=250; takeprofit=200; 
15:44:41 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 EURUSD,M5: Allow Live Trading First.
15:44:41 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 EURJPY,M1: Allow Live Trading First.
15:44:42 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 GBPUSD,M5: Allow Live Trading First.
15:44:42 aselltp10 EURUSD,M5: open #16195876 sell 0.20 EURUSD at 1.29218 sl: 1.29480 tp: 1.29030 ok
15:44:42 aselltp10 EURUSD,M5: uninit reason 0
15:44:42 aselltp10 EURUSD,M5: removed

This might be the problem that EA cannot enter position simultaneously even on difference chart?

For the trend indicator. I was been using BDT Trend Strength for determine the trend.

So if the Value 7 (green) is greater than 25. Itā€™s a trend for buy. If the value 6 (red) is greater than 25. Itā€™s a trend for sell.

To incorporate with Swing_ZZ. Then it break out. Enter the position where the strength is greater than 25. That should do the job.

This is M1

This is H1

Hereā€™s the indicator.
Trend_Strength.ex4.zip (4.53 KB)

hey fatcat, have just started going through this thread and wanted to use your swing zz with alert, could you tell me how to install please and wot does it actually alert to, the break of the trend line?

many thanks

Podz

Can you explain a little better how you place a buy or a sell using the two indicators

I think I know whatā€™s going on with Allow Live Trading first error. The EA tried to enter position on all 3 charts at the same time. The trade context is not free. So it gave the EA an error.

So if dineshydv can insert the wait time so other charts can enter the trade later in sec. The code are something like this.

Reference Error 146 (ā€œTrade context busyā€) and How to Deal with It - MQL4 Articles

// time (in seconds) whithin which the expert will wait until the trade 
// context is free (if it is busy)
int MaxWaiting_sec = 30;
int start()
  {
    // check whether the market should be entered now
    // calculate the Stop Loss and Take Profit levels and the lot size
    // check whether the trade context is free
    if(!IsTradeAllowed())
      {
        int StartWaitingTime = GetTickCount();
        Print("Trade context is busy! Wait until it is free...");
        // infinite loop
        while(true)
          {
            // if the expert was terminated by the user, stop operation
            if(IsStopped()) 
              { 
                Print("The expert was stopped by the user!"); 
                return(-1); 
               }
            // if it is waited longer than it is specified in the variable named 
            // MaxWaiting_sec, stop operation, as well
            if(GetTickCount() - StartWaitingTime > MaxWaiting_sec * 1000) 
              {
                Print("The standby limit (" + MaxWaiting_sec + " sec) exceeded!");
                return(-2);
              }
            // if the trade context has become free,
            if(IsTradeAllowed())
              {
                Print("Trade context is free!");
                // refresh the market information
                RefreshRates();
                // recalculate the Stop Loss and Take Profit levels
                // leave the loop and start trading                
                break;
              }
            // if no loop breaking condition has been met, "wait" for 0.1 
            // second and then restart checking
            Sleep(100);
          }
      }
    else
        Print("Trade context is free! Trying to open a position...");

// try to open a position
    if(OrderSend(...) < 0) 
        Alert("Error opening position # ", GetLastError());

return(0);
  }

I also monitor Lauer on M5 and H1 and I think it doesnā€™t matter if it repaint since the EA will have all 3 confirmation at the exact time to enter the trade and using paw3000ā€™s setting on SAR SL (sar_step 0.001, sar_max 0.1 and Lauer depth = 75) the result are still great. But overall, since itā€™s price action and trend. I think it can work on many market conditions. The higher TF, the best accuracy it is.

I also monitor Lauer on M5 and H1 and I think it doesnā€™t matter if it repaint since the EA will have all 3 confirmation at the exact time to enter the trade and using paw3000ā€™s setting on SAR SL (sar_step 0.001, sar_max 0.1 and Lauer depth = 75) the result are still great. But overall, since itā€™s price action and trend. I think it can work on many market conditions. The higher TF, the best accuracy it is.

Neomatic from your perspective how does your Trend Strength indicator compare to Lauer, is it more acurate?

Good to see we might have this allow trading problem solved

So just to confirm these are the best settings at the moment to use for the EA:

extern string NOTE_for_DTZZ = ā€œ+++DT-ZIGZAG setting+++ā€;
extern bool Use_DT_ZIGZAG=true;
extern int depth=75;
extern int GrossPeriod=240;

extern string NOTE_for_SAR = ā€œ+++SAR setting+++ā€;
extern string NOTE1=ā€œif TRUE, SAR will be used for SLā€;
extern bool Use_SAR = false; // Stop loss based on SAR.
extern double SAR_step=0.001;
extern double SAR_max=0.1;

Were any of the MAā€™s changed from the defaults in the EA ?

Thanks

Also is there a concensous as to what the best settings are at the moment to use with this EA for testing ?

Trend strength only give the strength of which direction the market will go exactly like Lauer but it does confirm the strength if it will range or not.

Iā€™m testing with M5 for small trend and H1 for longer trend with difference settings. Will keep posting for any new discovery.

hi guys,
i get the same error than sandybeach, the 130: invalid stopsā€¦Hope dineshydv can solve it fast.
I have discovered something positiveā€¦ My data is an est timezone dataā€¦ so now i know why my 5min backtests were always lossesā€¦ because I was testing on tokio sesion, my apologies for this fault.
This days i have been truly busy, and backtesting on 5 min charts takes me over 2 hours. However I promise that for the next week i will use the 5 min 90% modelling quality and find some profitable settings.
By now here i post a pair of backtest always on gbpusd and using 1 hour and 30 min charts:

2011 Min 30

H1 since 1-1-2009.

2009=+1560 pips
2010=-1390 pips
2011=+1302pips
this past 8,5 month=+651 pips

Maybe there is any problem on my 2010 data, (there isnt a single profitable trade during this year), or just a bad year for the strategy. If i have time i will use the past 10 years of data to backtest on higher tf like 1 hour or 4 hours.

If you want a backtest using specific settings, post them here and as soon as I can i will post the past 3 years backtest with high quality data.

have a great weekend!

Thanks for taking the time to search through them Paw3000 :slight_smile: We may need to test to find a good set of settings. The question at the moment, is Lauer reliable for backtesting due to its repainting ? and if we used a different trend indicator such as Neomaticā€™s?

If Dineshydv can add this into the next version of the EA then it might help us for backtesting ?

I just started reading this thread yesterday and I figured Iā€™d give it a try, and I made 10%+ live today(very small OandA account). Iā€™ve only read through the first 40 pages and I was wondering if anyone ever tried setting the minBars on swing zz to 5, I just backtested it manually on todayā€™s E/U, G/U, and U/J 1m charts and there were many setups and I did the same as I did earlier today I used a 10pip TP and SL and most of the setups hit TP and some would have been closed with minimal loss by closing trades when the next setup appears. Iā€™m only looking for 30 pips a day net which gets me 10%+ on my account with 50:1 leverage and with Minbars at 5 the setups seem to be more successful even without using any other indicators. I figured Iā€™d share, Iā€™ll post my results tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks i would be interested in seeing what you got, if minibars on 5 is more acurate and produces better results maybe that should be the default on the EA ?

Iā€™ve tried minbar 5 on EA and the CPU goes 100%. Did you have the same issue?

The setup, monitoring and trading with this system is so easy I didnā€™t even bother with the EA and I use OandAā€™s FXtrade platform, I only use MT4 to locate the setups. I donā€™t really like MT4, Iā€™ve heard many bad stories about plugins for brokers designed to insure EAā€™s wonā€™t work, so I just donā€™t trust it. At page 40 in the thread the EA wasnā€™t trading automatically and still had some bugs, did someone get it to work fully automatic or is it still partial. If it makes locating setups easier Iā€™d use it for that but Iā€™m going to stick to manual trading.

Here is what a found this morning with minbars set to five on the Euro and all of yesterdayā€™s setups for USD/JPY, many overlap but many chances to make pips. Sorry about the extended trendlines I canā€™t figure out how to draw point to point with MT4.
If anyone can tell me how to draw point to point or how to trim the lines, Iā€™d appreciate it, thanks.

I wish I caught those trades earlier. I plan on trading E/U, G/U, and U/J, I should get enough setups between those three to reach my goals.

:34:, I just missed another trade while writing this. thatā€™s 3 entries in the past 3 hours although 2 of them would have overlapped if you went for the full 10 pips.

So from your experience are you getting better profit levels by using 5 minibars?

Dear all,

Been running some massive test today. It was mind blowing. However. Something that I tried to understand was. Since the Lauer gave quite an accurate indication of direction. Some how the EA still trade on opposite direction. If we can manage to fix this. I think we getting close.

From the image. I use the following settings.

Trade_Time="+++Trade Time Parameters+++"; StartHour=7; EndHour=23; SundayTrade=false; MondayTrade=true; FridayTrade=true; SaturdayTrade=false; NOTE_for_SWING="+++Swing-ZZ setting+++"; min_bars=0; NOTE_for_DTZZ="+++DT-ZIGZAG setting+++"; Use_DT_ZIGZAG=true; depth=25; GrossPeriod=60; NOTE_for_MA="+++MA setting+++"; Use_MA=true; FastMA_Period=21; FastMA_Method=3; FastMA_AppPrice=4; SlowMA_Period=89; SlowMA_Method=3; SlowMA_AppPrice=4; NOTE_for_Trading="+++Trade setting+++"; Opp_Sig_Close=false; Lot_size=2; Delta_pips=0; MagicNum=12345; NOTE_for_SAR="+++SAR setting+++"; NOTE1=ā€œif TRUE, SAR will be used for SLā€; Use_SAR=true; SAR_step=0.009; SAR_max=0.009; NOTE_for_SL_TP="+++SL & TP setting+++"; Use_Trendline_SL=false; SL_TrendLine_Delta_pips=10; Use_Default_TP=true; Default_TP=200; NOTE5="+++Alert setting+++"; Alert_at_Trade_Open=false; Draw_Trade_Arrow=true;

As you can see. The lauer print in red. But the EA still buy.

Hereā€™s another example.

One more thing. Iā€™ve notice that the EA only trade from horizontal line. Not from trend line. It would be big difference if the trade enter from the trend line. Because most of the time when the price break horizontal line. It didnā€™t go far. And the trade enter on the very edge.

Awesome discovery, the Lauer uses the trend direction from the hourly chart for direction which works well as were trading on the 5min chart. It might be that the Lauer is repainting or not repainting and hence the EA is misreading it ?

I think it was Paw3000 who pointed out that we should refresh the Lauer indicator, so maybe if the EA refreshes the Lauer indicator at the start of a new bar so it has a more accurate version of the Lauer indicator this might help to resolve this issue?

Also i noticed your start and end hour is 0700 - 2300, what is your timezone out of interest ?

Dinesh how are things coming along with the EA if you donā€™t mind me asking ?