Simple & almost naked. The dream date or the dream system?

I am excited with your contributions in this thread.
I have been following your comments and contributions and want to say I am very very impressed and of course appreciative of all your efforts in making this promising system run with an ea that helps everybody identify the trades.

God bless you, Blizard, Stockneon and Sandybeach. You are wonderful people.

I hope you continue to help those of us who cherish your contributions to this thread by updating the thread with your trades and any necessary system updates.

Once again, I say big thank you.

Its been my pleasure Prescia.

Stock has done a great job, this EA looks very promising and I hope it helps alot of people out there!

Thanks Blizard,

I stayed awake to watch the New Zealand/Australian open for the week.
At the inception, the EA drew the trendlines but when I closed and reopened my platform (Tune-forex) I observed that the EA could not draw trendlines again. Please, is there any thing that I am missing or is it my platforms problem?

Meanwhile, my manual trendlines as per your instructions were ok and the trades if I had taken them would have been successful.

Please, is there anything to do so as to ensure that the EA draws the trendlines as and when necessary as per your system rules.

I am still appreciative as this seems to be the only system that has given me hope and confidence in FX.

My sincere Regards

Prescia

Greetings. Few things

• If you want to decide take or not to take a trade it might help if you switch to 5M. Connect dots on 1M and switch to 5M, take a look. How 1M trendline looks on 5M chart, regardless dots on that timeframe.
    If it hangs in the air out of place , this trade will be a low probability one.
    On the other hand if that line fits right in , shows a logical short term trendline , that is a good news.

• try to draw lines without dots just following price movement. Might give you more , high probabilty trades.
    On attached chart there is only one green dot on the left , no second dot , angle was determined by price movement.
    It would make sense to practice this type of freestyle trading in addition to dots/line drawing

• Where shall I put this new expert/indicator? As a mq file in indicators folder does not work
    Regards,
    Deno

Stockneons EA needs to go in the experts folder:

MetaTrader-4\experts

Heya Stockneon, i spotted this with the trend lines not auto-updating:

Only seems to be on this currency pairs. All the others have auto-updated, how odd.

Thanks sandybeach ,
what a night , 4 trades , over100p potential , no looser

Tour seeing while im loving this sytems. There is only one downside i have spottedā€¦

Its really annoying when your sat at work, take a quick look at the charts (as i log on to my home PC with teamviewer), but as im working, i have no time to trade so i have to let it go byā€¦ Drat !!

I do see how if you have the patience to watch a few charts you can make quite a lot of pips per day and probably make a good amount of profit at low risk.

For me I can only really trade the end of the US session (until 2200 UK time), due to work, so im gonna start watching the charts more, see if i get up early i can squeeze in some morning and lunch trading.

Deno the more i watch this system the more confidence i have in it. It seems to work quite nicely on higher timeframes as well. Maybe someone else can confirm this, but it does appear the higher the timeframe the higher level of potential number of pips you can grab per trade.

But i guess the beauty of this 1 min trading timeframe is you can avoid trades going bad if you trade hourly or daily.

I do think Stockneonā€™s EA is a perfect addition if you plan on trading multiple pairs, just takes away the repetitiveness of trend line drawing, plus no mistakes can happen now if were sleepy and draw them wrong !

Your starting to see what i mean Deno, imagine me, when i get home from work at 17.30 after leaving at 0800 im tired, exhausted, but on practice i can still do well with this strategy, so i know if i was able to trade all day i would not cut the profit short like i am doing now since im a bit tired.

This is the type of strategy which is low risk, but you can quite nicely with it pip profit wise. I think in my Uk evennings iā€™ll only be able to scrape a few pips per setup due to me coming into at the end of the US session, but i can see how Blizard is getting easily 10 - 20 pips per setup.

You just need patience really to wait for the next one to come along.

Thanks for confirming the trades Deno.

Blizard how has your EA been going? Let me know if you want me to give a going over and testing :slight_smile:

Hi sandy, ill start testing later today, the backtest looks ok. I still think trading manually will weed out many bad trades. The logic is good for the EA but it doesnt take into account 100 levels, if the trend-line is too flat, trading hours, Fib levels or pivot levels etc. Also, the TP when approaching a 100 lelvel or fib levels id bank the profits where as the EA wont.

Interesting, what about making your EA more rule bound, such as what i have noticed do it manually is if the trend line is too low or too high there tends to be some false signals, what about having the EA only make trades when the trend line is a distance from the next dot and have trades close when the new dot appears which i do understand can move further?

Or if the trend line so too flat have a rule to ban the EA from trading that trend line?

For trading hours, why not programme it to only trade say between 0700 - 2200 which would cover the London and New York sessions, surely that would handle the flat trading times and might remove some fake outs happening during the asian session?

Maybe we could get programmed into the EA your Fib Level rules that you do manually that you have mentioned, maybe Stockneon would be willing to help out as he does seem very adept !!

Blizard donā€™t worry about it all, why not concentrate on one thing at time with your EA? Once the logic is in place we can always try and improve the other areas to eliminate fake trades? But sounds like your EA is coming along nicely ! Well done !!

:slight_smile:

Nice manual trades this morning!

Hi Blizzard, great thread you have hereā€¦was wondering in your picture above, is the ZZ set at 4? Just curious because I donā€™t have one of those lower dots and I have mine set at 4ā€¦when I adjust to 3 it matches a little more. Thank you, Sally

Tell me about it, was watching EUR/USD quite a bitā€¦ Quite annoying as im at work at canā€™t trade. Looks like today would of been quite a profitable day !!

I managed to get both of these trades and Iā€™m set at 4. I got chicken and set both at a take profit of 6 pips. However my Autodayfibs comes up different than the one on your image Blizard - I downloaded the one you put up. Any ideas?

I suspect its the broker data feeds as I see my first dot is not the same as the Blizard image?

Hello, I am infact using the minBars ā€œ4ā€ setting. I find this is the most reliable for the 1 minute chart for EUR/USD and GBP/JPY. Some nice trades earlier this morning, too bad i missed them.

thanks

hi guys? the EA worked well?

i start to write a post now, please help with my trades!! 10 mins ā€¦

Stockneon, Please help me with your current EA. The version I have seems not to be drawing the trendlines again. Kindly avail me with the version you currently use.

Thanks in advance.

Prescia