Simple & almost naked. The dream date or the dream system?

so, i’m happy with your success, with all the sample trades, but i have serious problems here, please help me!!! i post images of my trades and write comments below the pics on each trade. i hope others also can learn from my mistakes :slight_smile:

so let’s get started … i made -86 pips today!!! not so cool!!!

first two eurusd trades above.

1. i went long. i think it was bad because the 1.32 level close to my entry. stop loss hit
  2. short trade, sl hit, bad luck here i guess i would have to place sl 1 pip higher, there was 15 pip move after i stopped out, so there would be a nice profit

second two eurusd trades.

1. i didn’t close this one on the 1.32 level?? there was 11 pips move in it
  2. this was the last trade for today, it would be break even right now, but i just pulled my stop closer, i guess i don’t trust my trades, that’s why

eurjpy trades

1. short. exited early. there was the previous low and the S2 support line, however i should have trust the trade and let it run. exit was a right decision?
  2. entered long on a triple point trendline. unfortunately price didn’t go to the previous high where my tp was. also price was just above S2, this looked like an almost sure entry

usdjpy … this was really really bad luck i think. i place my stop loss below the previous low plus 2 pips. price went EXACTLY TO MY SL!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR… later the usdjpy went nuts and rocketed high!

gbpusd trades

1. short, closed above 1.58. right decision?
  2. perfect long entry!!! i closed waaaaay to early … but why?? the next level was really far from my entry
  3. short. trade with the trend??

that’s it. i’m really interested in your opinions guys, please help me and others not to make so much mistakes. what should i do to avoid bad trades and trust the right ones?

thanks thanks thanks!!!

Blizard,

Please, don’t be annoyed if I am asking for too much, kindly send the arrow indicator as I did not find it with the swing indicator.

Thank you.

Prescia, 0.21 is the current one, it works for me, no problems with it. the lines have to appear shortly after the first tick update. the little icon is smiling in the top right corner?

I draw the arrows manually to show the entry/break of the trend line.

thanks

Hi Stock, for the EUR/USD entries I noticed a buy just below 100 levels so that a definite NO ENTRY. The sell signal was a valid signal and it went for a few pips. The SL should have been on the other side of the 100 level. GBP/USD looks ok also. I dont trade USD/JPY, the movements are too small (pips) I suggest going for 8-10 pips on the other pairs as It is a 1 minute chart after-all.

I think the indicator that draws the trend-line is great. The EA has the potential to bee highly effective if the following criteria can be made.

• Dynamic SL or TP based on strong support or resistance levels (fibs,100 levels, or previous highs/lows etc.)
    -Avoid entries if you have one of these levels in your way maybe within 10 pips.
    -Avoid entries where the trend-line is too flat or too steep.
    -Trade only when the market is most active and avoid periods of consolidation.

thanks

Stockneon , look at post # 167 .There are 4 winners where you marked 2 losers. Reason ? I zoomed in and set minbar to 2.

I’m not sure that would always work like this but this time it did.

I tried minbar 4 too , did not like it. Minbar 3 probably the best , at lest for me . I’m just testing minbar2 , works too.

More dots does not mean more trades.I watch 10 pips grid and 5 min charts as well for sideways markets.

Trade I took today for 30 pip GBP/USD 5min

Thats great to see Poca. Keep posting your setups.

thanks

Thanks for sharing and the work on the EA. Will be trying the system out and following along :35:

thanks guys very much for your comments, i try to learn from my mistakes :wink:

Here are two trades from Euro session so far

Nice 10 pip move a few minutes ago.

Here is a nice entry this afternoon.

Thanks Blizard, would one wait untill the candle clearly closed above the 700 line ? there by ensuring its a support not a resistance area?

My entry for the above order would be around 126.70(the red arrow). The entry is triggered once a candle breaks the trend line. I would exit the trade at 127.00 or a few pips under for a nice 20-25 pip gain.

Thanks Blizard, I’m working on adding in the 00’s to my understanding of the “working” stratagy and I can see how this can be key - once I look at the RIGHT number!!! LOL Thanks again for [U]all[/U] your input.

Dave.

just curious … how many pips did you guys make today?

none today or yesterday just minus, i think im having an off day lol.

Blizzard how do you decide to ride out the trade to the next set of dark/light blue pips in your post (193)

Also Stockneon, out of interest, i have noticed your EA can enter short and long trades, have you (or anyone else), let the EA enter the trade but then manage the closure of it?

Cheers.

hi sandy,

just like me, mond-tue i made only minus pips also. it is very easy to see the entries on the screenshots you post guys, but i just can’t do it right! so the others?? how many pips??

about the ea … i use the ea to enter the trades only. i drop it on the chart, look at the trendlines, and if i see a correct and profitable setup i hit F7 and allow the ea to enter long, short or both. if i get the alert that it opened a trade i turn off long and short. than i modify tp level. the problem is. if i let a trade run, it hits my sl, if i close it because i think price will reverse, it goes to the right direction. it’s very frustrating :frowning:

just about yesterday’s trades … there was 2 sl hit, and after that i opened a good one, but i had to run to the doctor (i’m sick a bit) and i closed the trades. there was 30-40 pips move after that (not sure). so i guess we should practice this thing a lot. it’s a working strategy, i know it, we just get used to it! :wink:

Dito Stockneon i had that yesterday missing trades not trusting my judgemrnt so i think just a few bad days.

As an experument i am letting your EA open trades for me whrn the trend libe is broken at 0 pips and i plan to manage the rest manually, just to get myself seeing those setups again!

You know stockneon i think your EA is good for launching the trades as lobg as we are there to monitor them abd close them as appropriate