Simple and powerful strategy

You are a very pessimistic person. I hope your trading isn’t like that as well.

Bacon, I’m posting this for learners - St Stephen’s day trading and the days surrounding are often used by what the old guys used to call ‘street money’.

There is a reasonable chance that over the next few days price could even reach 49.00

The other day it went no bid - that’s illiquid :slight_smile:

Edit: reference is bacon’s wti trade - sorry Jezz, it will go down in the new year - not making fun.

Hey @peterma

I was confused for a second, I guess you’re in the wrong thread?

Perhaps it will go up, it was recently at +$13,400 profit, now sat at a lame +$2,700

But yea, it’s a punt, it’s not the end of the world.

I’m watching that 50% prior day reatrce level very closely, and will close out at BE if require.

Aye, too much italiano - btw like the new avatar - looks a little like myself.

Have a good new year.

1 Like

what are the settings on MA?

Hi all

I am really confused as to why my account has been temporarily suspended, I asked a question about this thread.

Can someone please help me?

Maybe the administrator @Pipstradamus can check it for you.

I cannot find option to message administrator

well, you’re able to message here… so how is it suspended?

I am baffled too, anyways I am still learning to trade using MA’s,Stochs and ADX and I believe its great.
Maybe that will please the moderators :slight_smile:

Do you really mean “suspended” or did you just have a post deleted or edited for some reason? Seems to be working ok if you can post here?

What exactly is the problem you are seeing?

@mrahman44 MA settings is 30 MA

Took 5 days, - question is what now?

Jury is out…Monday will tell.

I say this with all sincerity, have you looked into selling options premium? I have made a solid profit selling premium in oil because the implied volatility is through the roof.

The strategy is realistic. Form the time the OP posted till now, has anyone tried this and achieved some sort of positive result?

It’s something i’m looking into and will be moving across to perhaps later this year, or early 2020 once I fully understand the way options operate, the different pricing models and the impact of time deacy vs that of spot speculation.

Seems like a key level at c.50.0/51.0 on the daily - i’ll be eying this up for another punt at a short opportunity should PA show any sort of convincing rejection.

Aye, I suspect more oil buying in the immediate future, Pres Trump may well be right about the glitch on stocks, Fed now sounding more risk-on as well.

All sectors green on S&P Friday.

One thing of note, highest volume of 2017/8 recorded on XLE on Dec19, again high volume 20th and 21 - only dropped on Christmas eve (to be expected) - likely investors buying energy companies because they suspect higher prices - at least in the shorter term.

Daily XLE Chart from stockcharts:

How can i see your previous post

OP blowed his account? what happend? :slight_smile: