SIMPLE Asian Breakout Strategy 100% gain in the last 20 days (4:1 risk reward)

Not sure if I have CDT right but I’m showing 81.607 for a hi & 81.262 for a low. I have audible alerts set for 2 pips above and below as I will be around to monitor the action if an alert goes off.

Do you think it is going to pass the mark before 10pm EST? At first I felt it was going short now it seems like long.

I have mine set at 80.264 and 81.608 does a pip or three make much difference do you think? I set up pending orders just above the high and below the low. It’s in the middle right now could go either way I guess.

Per TalonD - “I have mine set at 80.264…” Shouldn’t it be 81.*** or am I in the dark?

9:07 CDT - I’m out, no trade tonight.

It is 9:30 EST right now and it doesn’t look like it is going to break its high or low by 10:00 EST on Today, April 26th. Is this correct?

looks like a dud tonight. I was late getting in but it looks as though it will be a no trade evening.

sorry that was a typo. 81 is correct

I am going to cancel my orders out since it is almost 10pm EST

yeah me to, it’s not going to go anywhere tonight. Spoke too soon, right after I said that I went to close the orders and boom! it was headed up. I closed at a little over 1% gain

Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good :32:

badabing badaboom!

ARGGGG… same story… looked like it was going to go short, then long, then I canceled.

Then…

{huge move up. such as life i guess. anyone catch it.} - original statement

i guess it wasnt that huge… i didnt look at the numbers… just the size of the candle & i was zoomed in so it looked a lot bigger than it really was. :8: my bad

I thought I had my expiry on so I just walked away and am now floating that buy. Brought my TP down fo a 1 to 1 ratio. not having much luck wiht this. so far. But I’ll hang in there. I wonder if those moves form the previous 20 days were eartquake related?

Edit: You know I should just set this and walk away. I’m almost positive I set the expiry right and had I left it alone would have hit the first TP. Education once again!

I thought this strategy was profitable with both targets being hit?Maybe iam missing something?Didnt help that there is a 2 hour difference in New York not three.(i live in california)I still get high of 81.58 hit in next hour did not go below 81.50 first target 81.98 hit second target 82.28 hit during London are you guys going three decimals?

is anyone trading Asian Breakout today?

I have the high alert 82.293 & the low at 82.071; ready to go either way. Unfortunately I can’t set a buy stop & sell stop on the same pair so an audible alert has to do - ok as long as I don’t get distracted or leave. About 17 minutes left to go for 19:00 CDT but I can modify if necessary.

I’m getting online late today, just about to bring up my charts

To me that’s the beauty of this strategy, one doesn’t have to stare at charts until the final candle for the 2 hour time frame is finished. I set up a little early but can adjust the hi or lo if necessary. Over the weekend I hope to find time to look at other JPY/??? to see if there are any other viable prs to trade.

edit: I’m short with TP #1 @ 81.650 & #2 @ 81.314. Lots of room to the downside.

I have the same high and low

I had 81.99 as my low. Its triggered now and I cnaclelled the buy stop. Gotta mow the lawn before it gets dark.

I used the support level an hour beofre because it was on a .00 line. Pretty stiff support. Hope she breaks through. But I do realize i Made another error. Counted 4 30 moin candles perhour. Didnt realize I was on m 30. thought it was m15

I just opened short at 82.05

yep my short triggered too. once a short triggers should we close the pending long ? or do you keep that one out there?