SIMPLE Asian Breakout Strategy 100% gain in the last 20 days (4:1 risk reward)

according to marvin you delete the other order.

I deleted long order

I entered short at the same time Elvis did.

I closed my pending long. Short is showing a nice profit so far.

it did good for a while but now back almost to break even

I have 2 short trades in play and as suggested by the originator I am turning off the computer and letting them run. I hope I will be pleasantly surprised tomorrow morning. Good luck all.

rather than leave mine going I decided to close with a profit. :slight_smile:

Hello, I’m new to BabyPips, still in kindergarten. How have you guys been doing trading this system? What has been your percentage gain on the trades and how many trades have been triggered?

G

Check out first post on this thread he posts 20 days worth of results.

Hi everyone,

I gained a partial profit from this system today, very nice:)
But I have a problem that because I am GMT+3, it is hard to wake up and follow the price. Entering an order takes 5 minutes. It is no problem. But when I get the partial profit, taking the 70 pip target to breakeven needs waiting. Because of that I decided to enter a trailing stop to the 70 pip target position. But I am not sure what is traling stop setup going to be. I have never used it before. What do you suggest?

can’t we make an EA for this?

Also, just to clarify, is this 4:1 profit:loss ratio?

or vice versa?

Try using the EA I gave a few posts up. The J16 Manager allows you to set up a partial TP at 40 pips at 50% then move your stop to break even. It autonmatically do it for you.

Wish I knew how to code. I have all the peices except the OCO part automated with the indies I have and the actuall input of the entries.

Yes the MAXIMUM profit:education isactaully 3.67:1 But because its dynamic in moving stops and take profits sometimes its just above 1:1. IOW at first it’s 1.34:1 profit;education then becomes 3.67:0 once first TP is reached (not quite accurate as the money was stripped off the board at first TP… I run the J16 trade manager so that I get 3.67:0 at thirty pips and lock BOTH trades in a risk free trade. Then once the first TP is reached the second is of little concern . Just let it ride.

"Try using the EA I gave a few posts up. The J16 Manager allows you to set up a partial TP at 40 pips at 50% then move your stop to break even. It autonmatically do it for you."
So, does the J16 enter 2 orders or just one that gets closed out partially and then continues to run?

J16 is a trade manager. You have to manually open the pending orders yourself and set the final Take profit. Then place J16 on the chart and set the Break even activate to 30 or 40 Breakeven exit pips to 0 or 1 and Partial close activate to 40 and partial close percent at 0.5 (50%)

It will then move your stop loss to break even at 30 pips or 40 pips to break even or break even +1 and take 50% of the trade off the board at 40 pips. I set the break even activate to 30 and the partial close activate to 40. You can set them at 30 and 30 or 40 and 40 or whatever. So you only have to open one order but double the lots you would if you were pening two orders. That is,…

If you are trading 1 lot per trade you would open one order instead for two lots. It will close out one lot automatcially at 40 pips.

Edit: You will also have to set your stop loss manually too. the intial stop loss of 15 pips+spread.

What if i dont use MT4, i still need a trailing stop suggestion.

Hey guys I started a chat room here at babypips for this strategy. Go to the top of the page and click chat room and then asian break out. See you there! Looks like a slow night tonight. The range isnt even as wide as the stop! LOL

Yeah, it looks like this pair is pretty flat, but you never know!

Hi, i am a newbie. can anyone tell which broker r u using for this method. Bcos in FXCM and Alpari there is some 2hrs difference in the time, so please let me know. i want to try this method

i be using oanda bcuz they have lo spreads n bcuz u can trade small to start with which is good for trying a new trade strat to see if it works
gud luck wid dat, peace out yo !

How long do we let it go? My two orders are showing a profit, but the first one hasn’t reached 40 pips.