SIMPLE Asian Breakout Strategy 100% gain in the last 20 days (4:1 risk reward)

Got stopped out last night.

Iā€™ve been staying out of the asian break out due to the japan holiday. Will restart next week.

I did good on the euro/usd d rops though.

i find that this system works a lot better when when you trade with the trend then against it.

I have the same issue and I think if you put a trialling stop of 40 pips along with your usual SL, when you are 40+ then your stop loss it will be 40 pips, the issue here that the pair may go 50+ and drop 40+ and then go back to 70+ but this is unlikely with usd/jpy and you but I donā€™t see any other solution using oanda. Another issue is how to see automatically cancel one order if the other is triggered.

I personally find that the trailing stop of 40 is good. Once TP 1 hits target at least we are secured by minimum of 40pips or more if the price moves further before going against the direction of the trade. Just as spike00 mentioned, thereā€™s a possibility that it will move to 50+ and move back down but itā€™s unlikelyā€¦ Possible but unlikelyā€¦

Anyway, could anyone pls educate and enlighten me on why the breakout is based on the high low of the two hours? London and New York session only opens hours laterā€¦

Itā€™s because base on ASIAN open not the london or new york. Thatā€™s why itā€™s jpy pair and the timing is chosen just before Japan market open.

Cheers!

anyone trade this last night? First order hit take profit, second order I have a trailing stop loss of 40 pips and itā€™s currently 30 pips up from there.

If following the original rule itā€™s suppose a no trade?

do you entered after 2 hours from opening? For what I saw the first 2 hours bars dinā€™t break through.

oops, I think you guys are right. I didnā€™t get on the computer until late last night and forgot about that rule so I set up my orders! Sometimes you just get lucky. :stuck_out_tongue:

Is anyone trading tonight?

Going to set my pending orders in 10 minutes

My pending orders are set, looks like it might break soon

Mine already broke.

Mine also broke at 80.84

My pending orders broke like 10 seconds after i posted lol.

I was out and just got back too late to place the trades. good luck to the rest of you.

SL was hit last night?

SL was hitted for me

I didnā€™t trade it last night but looking back at the chart this morning it looks like it would have been a stop out. On the bright sideā€¦ I grew my account nearly 2% yesterday with my other method! Yay!