Simple GBPUSD Strategy (No Indicator Needed)

[QUOTE=lucho1020;214238]Hey good day, I’m Colombian and I am very interested your strategy, I have the FXCAST broker write you now and in my country are 2:47 pm or 14:47 and the 21:47 appears FXCAST broker, then as I put the hours in my platform of the 21 and 8??

Thaks

Luis F

Oye buen dia, soy Colombiano y me intereso mucho tu estrategia, cuento con el broker FXCAST en estos momentos te escribo y en mi pais son las 2:47 pm o 14:47 y en el broker FXCAST aparece las 21:47, entonces como debo colocar las horas en mi plataforma de las 21 y las 8???

Gracias

Luis F[/QUOTE]

I can help you with this.

@lucho1020: en este momento tenemos la misma hora, (yo estoy en el centro de México). Dibuja tus líneas entre la barra que comienza a tus 4 pm y la que termina a las 2:59 am, puesto que a las 3 am ya debes de tener tus órdenes listas; tienes que buscar el hi-lo entre esas horas. La hora que tu ves de tu broker no es exactamente GMT porque seguramente tu broker tiene un [I]offset[/I] de GMT. Sólo recuerda que en Octubre, los horarios vuelven a cambiar en cuanto muchos países salen del horario de verano, por lo que debes estar atento puesto que los mercados, dependiendo cual, abren 1 hora antes o después de lo que estamos viendo por el momento.

For all of you having trouble determining the time span in which the start-end lines have to be drawn, I will attach an indicator that you have to attach to your chart and it will display different times on your chart which include the major markets (with a change in color that lets you know which market is open ATM), the broker time, UTC time, and your local time.

Just extract, place it in MT4/experts/indicators folder, restart your MT4, and attach it to your chart. Hope it helps!

Greetings from Mexico!

Difficult to reach :stuck_out_tongue:

so … I made 80 pips last night on aud/usd with melodica’s system in my real account and 30 pips on eur/jpy and it still runs (right now against me :frowning: )
I have -11 pips on gbp/usd , the trade is still running. the price has reached 32.8 fibs level on my weekly chart and bounced off, I will continue to hold this long trade.

its not bad, teachers gonna be happy :slight_smile:

Hi,

What are you guys doing, if you have an open long position, and the next day a short position is triggered, while your open long position is still active? In this case, my broker (Oanda) is ‘selling from the open long position’. How are you dealing with this?

This happened to me today, whereas my long position was triggered yesterday, and today the short position was triggered, while the long position has not passed the S/L rate. I hope my explanation makes sense :slight_smile:

I am thinking that maybe I should open a sub-account, so that with one of my accounts I will always do the long positions, and with the other account I would do the short positions.

yes, that’s what you have to do with Oanda if you have a hedging trade. buy on one account and sell on a different account.

This seems similar to my daily hi low.

Does anyone tried my EA for Melodica system?

Good system Melodica, took 50 pips this morning within 30mins following this system.

This may also work for EURUSD, USDCHF, EURCHF and EURGBP. Going to go through the charts for a couple of weeks on each pairs to confirm and I will post.

I think it would be worth trading on 2 pairs simultaneously as this means you are not depending on 1 pair to win pips, so if one pair opens the buy trade and then reverses to S\L, opens the sell trade and then reverses again to S\L, at least the other pair will be a winning trade. (you would be really unlucky to have both pairs hit the S\L on both buy and sell positions!!! :mad:.

What does everyone think?

I think it might work but you should change the operation hours of the system with the defferent pairs - I’m saying that because I tested that system with my EA (with strategy tester) on some other pairs and it wasnt profitable like GBPUSD.

What about changing the T\L to 10pips, keeping S\L and buy\sell prices the same? You are pretty much getting your 10pips 100% of the time, sometimes on both buy and sell trades.

did you tried that? I tried to change the T/P to a very low number but when you dont change the S/L, by one trade of lossing you loss big time comparing to the small T/P’s you took before and its less profitable.

I’ve went over the charts from 19 Aug to 8th Sept I would have taken 10pips everyday. Some days it hit the T\L on the buy and then dropped to take the 10 on the sell. Going to go over the past 6months to see how it fairs.

Okay post your resuslts when you are done.
Thanks for sharing.

Quickly went through the charts for August before work this morning, 22 tradable days, using this system and taking profits of 10 pips per day, 100% win. One day was an win on both buy and sell positions so 230pips for August.

Going to check the past 6 months after work.

p.s, Took my 10pips this morning within 30mins. :smiley:

Using my EA I checked the last 3 years with 10 T/P and its way less profitable than the original method.
The winnig rate is around 75% which is like 15% more than the original but the losses are much bigger than the profits and on the overall its worse.

what about 10 pip SL and 10 pip TP? maybe less losses.

10pip SL would be to close, I was thinking maybe of 20-30SL and keeping the 10pip TP.

Date Buy Sell
1 10
2 10

5 10
6 10
7 10 10
8 10
9 10 10

12 10
13 10 10
14 10
15 10
16 10

19 10 loss
20 10
21 10 10
22 10
23 10

26 10
27 10 10
28 10
29 10
30 10 10

Total of 280 pips for the month, minus your stop loss for the los on 19th

2 10
3 10
4 10
5 10
6 10

9 10
10 10
11 10
12 10
13 10

16 10
17 10
18 10
19 20
20 10

23 10
24 10
25 10
26 10
27 10

30 10
31 10

Total Pips: 230

Didn’t bother working out if it was a buy or sell trade just total pips, no losses in August

Looks very promesing.
It is possible that the EA is not 100% right.
We should really check it out.

By the way, did you find where I have posted it?

Found it, downloaded it, tried it and I don’t think its right. :frowning:

What’s wrong with it? tell me Ill try to fix it.