Simple GBPUSD Strategy (No Indicator Needed)

Your trades aren’t being entered at 8am GMT.

Oh yea, because in Israel its GMT+2.
Forgot about that issue.

so how would you adjust your time to match your zone with your ea?

Ok so I made some small change to the EA and now you can choose the time that matchs your country time. Ill explain.

Melodica said to check from 21:00PM yesterday and 8:00 this morning - GMT!
So if your country time is GMT you just enter 8(it has to be 8 and not 8:00) to “GMThour”(on expert settings - inputs).
If for example your country time is GMT+2 you enter 10 to “GMThour” and so on.

Just one thing to remember - you should always keep your EA running chart on H1 timeframe. Also the EA opens the pending orders one hour after 8:00 GMT so 9:00 - that is bacause we wait for the 8:00 candle to close.

Hope it helps.

winzip will not download the file.

Dont know why.
Here is MEGAUPLOAD link

megaupload.com/?d=QURP0E6V

Have you backtested this EA yourself? I did but not showing good results

Are we supposed to set our trades and calculate the T/P, S/L at the opening of the 8 AM GMT candle, or at the close?

hi,melodica
sound good strategy,I will open a new demo account to trade it.
but let me make a little change first:
when 1 of the 2 pending orders is touch,modify the other pending order double lot and half s/l & t/p.
let’s see the result serval months later.:stuck_out_tongue:

Hello
I am new to forex trading and like the simplicity of your system. I have tried to place a trade using your system however I keep getting a error. I seem to need a 40 pip spread to place a valid order. What am I doing wrong?

I have loaded the EA and it doesn’t seem to be executing any trades. Am I missing something?
revloc

thanks you

Hello
I have loaded the EA into my tradining Demo account however the EA isn’t executing any trades. What am I doing wrong? HELP!

Did you set the GMThour like I explained?
Also you should put the TF to H1.

Check that the option “Allow live trading” in Expert adviser is checked -
press Ctrl+O go to the label “Experst adviser” and see.

Yeah I set it up correctly, I was just impatient. Got one sell stop position opened no buy stop trades. Will check if my broker allows hedging on demo accounts.
Thanx
revloc

Hi - I have been reading through your forum and your systems looks very promising.

Can you please confirm what your plan is as it looks like it is evolving?

Thanks

Tim

getting the cane out as we speak.

can you also please inform what is ur overall success rate?

Hi all,

I’ve been trading this strategy for a while on demo account. Not on a regular basis though. As I have to fly a couple of times every week it’s very hard to study the charts and deal with the jet-lag at the same time.That’s why I prefer break-out strategies.Minimum time on the computer vs good profit.
I’ve found another strategy at forex strategies revealed web site / advanced strategy #4/ early bird break-out.
I’d appreciate if you guys can look into it if it performs well as I don’t have time to do it. According to the thread it performs ok.

Regards

:frowning:

Hi EpoXi,

Thanks for your ea. it is great! i try in my demo acc and it show great result.
Is this ea can set TP and SL?

Hi EpoXi,

I live in India. It is +5:30 GMT. How do I enter this in the GMTHour setting. Please help.

Thanks and regards,
Prem