Simple Price Action

Hey Venepips

before I enter any trade I look at a number of factors using, support resistance, trend and bias, RN, micro tl’s, price action…highs lows, congestion, traps and candlesticks, In terms of targets you can always go for more but I tend to take what I know will be reached as the next level of resistance, sometimes I will take more or leave a portion to run, I generally aim to take 1.1 RR from each trade if the market will allow.

I don’t trade candlesticks on their own ie pin bars as such as I don’t find it very reliable for me however many people find it works for them well.
I looked at your charts, I wouldn’t have taken either of those based on my methods because they would not be valid for me but they obviously worked so well done on those

Trade 22

aud chf short

entry 0.83237
stop 0.83762
target 0.82688

approx. 1.1 rr
triggered

and stop to breakeven at round number so circa 20pips in profit

Stopped out breakeven
moved my stop earlier as saw price had tested lows around 8307/6 and had to leave the office - Price tested 0.8300 within two hours so would have moved stop anyway. also would have stopped out next candle anyway
PA worked, the difficulty on this trade was RN and some resistance at that area which posed a problem spanning 6+ hours till now - still holding - it will be interesting to see how this plays out as my analysis suggests a target below but not sure if any other traders agree yet, we seem stuck in indecision - Friday pm doesn’t help!

interesting to see the analysis was spot on - Price went on to hit the original set target a few hours ago and original stop would have held had the trade had been left to run without and adjustment or management. I would have moved stop to protect equity regardless as per my original entry, however its good to see the Price eventually moved to target

trade 23
long
AUD NZD
ENTRY 1.15135
STOP 1.14546
TARGET 1.15941

RR 1…1.4 / 1.5
target could be much more aggressive around 1.18000 area if preferred

stop to breakeven once Price reaches 1.015465

trade 24
eur aud long
entry 1.49320
stop 1.48670
target 1.4991

rr nearly 1.1 - get out before RN - stop to breakeven at test of high around 1.4960

• already in and at breakeven

stopped out already (Breakeven)
bit quick but was concerned about resistance level at the highs so safer to minimise risk rather than let it run

trade 25

cad chf short
entry 0.87450
stop 0.87724
limit 0.87180
rr 1 1

[QUOTE=“Priceology;523944”]trade 25

cad chf short
entry 0.87450
stop 0.87724
limit 0.87180
rr 1 1[/QUOTE]

Can you tell me what the reasons for entry are with this one?

numerous

setup occurred several hours before entry, price then tested the low of the setup which was a valid trigger
price tested srz (support resistance zone) twice and came out to low side, from entry there is adequate room to make approx. 1.1 RR to next srz / resistance level

most other conditions are in favour which enhances the probability of success

Price has not yet got to the SRZ ((target) otherwise it would have invalidated a late entry
As it stands I am in negative ground and have been for most of the time this trade has been live however according to my methods the trade is a good setup and my quality control confirmed there is a very high probability of a test of the low @ 8722-8724 area before any Price reacts in any major way

Price will most likely make it to the target 0.8718 which is just above a resistance line @ 8714

as with each trade a trader makes there is always a risk it will not work, No method is 100%. Money management must be thorough to ensure no loss will have a major detrimental effect psychologically or financially.

still in and lets see how it plays out.

[QUOTE=“Priceology;523974”]numerous

setup occurred several hours before entry, price then tested the low of the setup which was a valid trigger
price tested srz (support resistance zone) twice and came out to low side, from entry there is adequate room to make approx. 1.1 RR to next srz / resistance level

most other conditions are in favour which enhances the probability of success

Price has not yet got to the SRZ ((target) otherwise it would have invalidated a late entry
As it stands I am in negative ground and have been for most of the time this trade has been live however according to my methods the trade is a good setup and my quality control confirmed there is a very high probability of a test of the low @ 8722-8724 area before any Price reacts in any major way

Price will most likely make it to the target 0.8718 which is just above a resistance line @ 8714

as with each trade a trader makes there is always a risk it will not work, No method is 100%. Money management must be thorough to ensure no loss will have a major detrimental effect psychologically or financially.

still in and lets see how it plays out.[/QUOTE]

What TF & candle was the setup on? Was it a PA signal / what was the signal?

hourly
00.00 candle on my chart closed at 1am this morning
bearish full bodied candle

I’ve mentioned before I don’t trade single candle signals on their own, its a combination of many factors

good trading

stopped out full loss on this

stopped out at breakeven
moved my stop when price reached highs at 1545 area

[QUOTE=“Priceology;524061”]

hourly
00.00 candle on my chart closed at 1am this morning
bearish full bodied candle

I’ve mentioned before I don’t trade single candle signals on their own, its a combination of many factors

good trading[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I’ll have a look at this this evening when I get ba k in front of my charts

Trade 26
usd cad
long
entry 1.05190
stop 1.04707
target 1.05651

RR not quite 1.1

tricky trade but reasonable enough for quick entry and lock in breakeven stop
lockin breakeven at 1.0532 / 1.0533 area

triggered on my chart around 1 hour ago

trade 27
gbp nzd short

entry 1.98692
stop 2.0081
target 1.9505

took this late last night - currently in negative ground, this one will probvably run into next week - stop to BE at 1.1 profit level

Hello traders - I am continuing these signals and comments at my website if anyone is interested. For the record, I am planning a signal service to be launched shortly, if anyone wants to know more just google priceologytrading

Good luck with your trading

Regards
Priceology