Simple Strategy with the RSI

Hello traders,
I wanted to share with you a simple strategy with the RSI.
As usual, do your own back-test and don’t take my word for it :slight_smile:

Happy trading :slight_smile:

1 Like

What sort of results have you had with this yourself?

I don’t use this for my trading.
I want to share an answer I gave in the comment section below the video:

"I recognize that one of my strengths as a Swing Trader is to immediately spot entry levels. So, if I had to add an indicator to help me, I wouldn’t focus on an indicator that helps me on entry levels.
I believe that traders should choose indicators that can truly help them, not based on how popular they are.
It’s a bit like going to the dentist because you (you in general, not you) need braces and you want to have the cool and popular one, that might not be the one you need.
I share on Udemy what I constantly use, like the setup of the moving averages and the Ichimoku, that help me to understand better the direction of the market. I include them in a complete strategy that I personally use, so I can also constantly give updates on market conditions and results for the strategy.
Regarding all the other indicators I will share on YouTube (including the RSI), it’s the result of courses, books, videos, conferences, webinars, Forum threads, back-tests and trading in the last 13 years.
Fortunately, I always take notes, record webinars, back-test everything I find.
I have a lot of material on many indicators, I have tested many of them and so my intention is to share this with you.
I want to clarify that, if I don’t use it, it doesn’t mean that that indicator is rubbish or it gives negative results. It only means that I had to make a choice in order to avoid dozens of indicators on the same chart, so I chose indicators that fit better my trading style and strengthen a bit my weak spots as a trader :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ok, so let’s talk about real market examples.
Here’s an opportunity on AUD/CHF.

Price approached a very important long term resistance, so we can try to look for a level above 60 on the RSI , in order to have a good entry level.
Regarding exit levels, we place the stop loss above the area of resistance, while the take profit above an important swing high.
This trade is very similar to a trade we would take with the Swing Trading strategy, but it doesn’t wait for any confirmation, in order to maximize the RR ratio.

SHORT: 0.6605
STOP LOSS: 0.6640
TAKE PROFIT: 0.6520
RR: 1:2.43

1 Like

And the take profit is served… Bon Appétit :rofl:

1 Like

Interesting. Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

1 Like