Skill vs. luck in Forex trading

Sometimes I feel , good knowledge and experience cannot bring good result if luck doesn’t favor. It s very complicated issue.

hehehehehehe
I’ll have whatever your smoking :stuck_out_tongue:

Give me a second to stop laughing

ok, i’m alright now
so what you’re saying is … you FEEL that Luck is a critical component of winning

well. let me ask you this
have you ever questioned how accurate YOUR FEELINGS are

and the big one… DOES LUCK ACTUALLY EXIST hehe

something to think about huh :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s a simple issue according to me, ensure good knowledge than depend on your luck . of course you will get maximal result.

@Chris_Lynn

i agree,
Get the Knowledge
Get the skill
Implement it , make money and a living

After that if you want to believe in luck and that it played a part in your success … well… Whatever makes you happy, as far as i’m concerned

of course Martin, what do you call this?

hehe
i call it a graph :stuck_out_tongue:what else would i call it
now obviously you are referring to the data in the graph because the graph itself is not Luck… RIGHT

OK So where is the part that tells me that LUCK played a part and what % of Luck was involved ??

if this is your performance, are you telling me that you’re a lucky person and you achieved this by merely sitting down at the desk and GETTING LUCKY

Mate i can also do this… i’ts not special when you know what you’re doing , now granted , not everyone can, but IT’S NOT LUCK, how is this luck

i mean your argument is

• You show me a graph
  • You show me stats
  • you then say WHAT DO YOU CALL THIS …

Mate i call it a graph and stats and when i look into the stats i can’t see any luck there.
i what i see is… you’ve probably worked hard at it or worked hard on a bot that achieved this, either was there was research and calculation involved AM I RIGHT ?

how do you believe that Luck played a part in this ?

1 Like

It’s called “irony” Martin :laughing:

2 Likes

It looks a simple issue of course , but practically this is much tuff to ensure good knowledge and experience and it’s a long term process for that reason sometimes we fail to keep motive at the end of the day we have to depend on luck.

According to me , depending on luck just a excuse , nothing without it.

I mean had to be luck! LOL
as I know nothing (zilch,zip,nada) about trading, (long term for a profit), maybe beginners luck?>

I mean 441 winners in a row, gotta be luck that I didnt misclick yet ROFLMAO!

and after a month of trading in this new account, I think I may have figured that luck thing out! :slight_smile:

I am not a very good trader, but I am learning everyday :slight_smile:That’s why I am here, nevermind the few clues that fall out of my pockets, they are of no use to you.

@rrram2
Sigh…

Mate, i don’t have the time for this… ok
Look , we are on two different pages… ok

i don’t know what planet you’re on, i mean, You are now throwing sarcasm at me as if i believe in luck hehe
Now. i could say to you that you essentially started this topic
but i know if i go down this road with you it’ll be an argument

so… mate HONESTLY
Le’ts just leave this alone ok…
is it luck, is it not luck… whatever you reckon mate… ok

Respectfully , i honestly don’t care
and i don’t want to debate something that does not exist

if you got 441 winners. good for you, Keep it to yourself and enjoy the profits, there’s no need to prove anything to anyone

Mate, i don’t want to argue
i don’t want BS
ok
this is not a topic that is going anywhere anyway… ok

so… BE COOL MATE, I’m leaving this topic alone

agreed! luck is typically defined as that which happens by chance, and we all know that in the world we live in, nothing happens by chance, its cause and effect, there is no cause without an effect and there is no effect without a cuase.

The sad thing is that those who cannot see the causes and effects that go together imagine there is a such thing as luck! when there isnt, at least not as commonly defined.

Glad we agree on something Martin!~ :smiley:

and lets agree this is a great short, and now we are off to the races for the week! go TRY GO!

yeah… 100% this is pretty much my feelings on the subject, which is why i didn’t understand why you said what you said.
no matter though, let’s just call it a misunderstanding and leave it at that.

1 Like

Yeah… Ok
we agree on this

I was being ironic! like I think someone mentioned :slight_smile:

1 Like

10, chess because you wont be able to make $ in forex long term as a result of any luck, thats just silly.

@rrram2
yeah… i think Falstaff said that

this is text,
i didn’t pick up on it initially , no biggie

You need both, as with anything. I think one problem that arises is that people tend to stick to one market and not experiment.

I am sure some lucky newbie trader accidentally got in GBPUSD short on Brexit and woke up feeling pretty good. If he/she stopped trading from that moment onward then I they would tell you trading was all about luck.

1 Like